ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Class2 NIC's query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tot

Class2 NIC's query

Post by tot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Hello everyone,

Fact :
1. I've been employed in multiple contracts and been paying NI(class I) & TAX via PAYE while working in respective companies.

2. I am also registered as self-employed via HMRC, however I've not earned anything as I did not solely engage myself in any professional service apart from contracts mentioned above.

3. Regarding class2 NICs, I had informed/applied to HMRC that I am contributing class I NIC via PAYE and hope to not earn anything from being self-employed during the year. Hence I was issued an class 2 NIC exepmtion certificate for my self-employed status for a year.

Query :
1. Is it recommended not mention of being self-employed(SE) as these days its likely that SE appications are scrutinized further causing delays?
OR
2. Shall I go ahead and mention that : All of the claimed earning is from being employed though also being SE. And attach the exemption certificate to avoid and class2 NIC's confusion.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
tot

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:35 pm

If you haven't earned a penny from self-employment means you are not claiming points for earnings through self-employment. So not mentioning self-employment, IMHO, shouldn't be a problem.

Why I say so - is that the form does not ask to disclose all modes of employment, but only those for which you are claiming points for on the basis of previous earnings.

On the other hand, even if you disclose the fact the you are also self-employed, a brief explanation by your accountant that the business / you have not made any profit / earnings should be enough. The exemption certificate is all that you need to prove that you have been in compliance of the regulations.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tot

Post by tot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:45 pm

That surely helps! :)

Thanks sushdmehta.