ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ranks

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

longshift
United Kingdom

Ranks

Post by longshift » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi,

Just out of curiosity how does the ranks works on this board. As per my uderstanding this is the order of your rank:

Newbie->Junior Member->Member->Member of standing->Senior Member->Guru.

But than I also saw few of them have -thin ice- and BANNED. I can understand what BANNED could be for, but then again this members are still posting replies.

Would appreciate if someone can share some info on this. Or guide me where I could read more on this.

This question came to my mind as one of the very active member in Tier 1 General forum got his rank changed from Senior member to BANNED. And I saw he is still replying to threads.

Cheers
Last edited by longshift on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Status ....

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:02 pm

longshift wrote:Newbie->Junior Member->Member->Member of standing->Senior Member->Guru.
Ranks such as the above are controlled by the forum software and change as the number of posts by the member increase.

Special ranks - e.g. - thin ice, banned - are controlled by administrators and moderators.

A banned member cannot log in, so any posts you perceive as being made by a banned member are in fact posts made by the member before being banned.
Members with "thin ice" rank can post but are on, let's say, a disciplinary watch-list.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks longshift for asking and thanks sushdmehta for clarifying. Have always wondered about thin ice :)