ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier2 General COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tikejhya

PSW to Tier2 General COS

Post by tikejhya » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi, I am in quite unwanted position and need some idea from experienced person in this forum. :idea:

My visa expires on 23rd of august (PSW), My company has applied for Tier2 COS on 11th of June, today its already 21/06 and i am not expecting it to come in by now but i was willing to know how long it takes in general.

And i come to know that even after that cos, we have to apply for personal number or something for me to be able to apply for leave to reamin, please anyone with knowledge about this could enlighten me here.

As my job is here and my wife is in PSW, i am otherwise willing to go back and come again as dependent but again here my wife visa runs out on next year march (8 months time), i am feeling quite rushed and i didnt wanted to make some wrong decision of rushing if i am still in good position to wait and apply for tier2 (by any chance).

I am in quite big dailema should i wait till very end or its impossible for me to be able to apply for tier2 by august 20 atleast?

Regards,

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:15 pm

:( Any suggestion or feedback

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:53 am

What has your company applied for:

a) sponsor licence OR
b) unrestricted CoS allocation for the current year?

In order to apply for leave to remain you will need the CoS number once the company assigned a CoS to you.

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:38 pm

Hey thanks manci,
manci wrote:What has your company applied for:

a) sponsor licence OR
b) unrestricted CoS allocation for the current year?

In order to apply for leave to remain you will need the CoS number once the company assigned a CoS to you.
My company has applied for sponsor licence, and as its first time (i believe there will be a 1 unrestricted CoS), which would be assigned CoS to me.

It has been around 3 weeks since application (+ all documents provided). Am i been realistic to wait until august 20th? Or should i be very lucky if i receive one by that time.

As they mention 65% to be within 4 weeks i am quite unsure on any thing. Might be it is due to being in lame situation.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... gmigrants/

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:55 pm

There is no way of telling how long it takes for a sponsor licence application to reach a caseworker. See the topic http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=20
which suggests around 3 months.

You can ring the employer helpline 0300 123 4699 and ask in general terms how long it takes or the employer can ring and give the details of the application and try to get an answer that way.

pclk
Newly Registered

Re: PSW to Tier2 General COS

Post by pclk » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:02 am

[quote="tikejhya"]Hi, I am in quite unwanted position and need some idea from experienced person in this forum. :idea:

My visa expires on 23rd of august (PSW), My company has applied for Tier2 COS on 11th of June, today its already 21/06 and i am not expecting it to come in by now but i was [b]willing to know how long it takes in general[/b].

And i come to know that even after that cos, we have to apply for personal number or something for me to be able to apply for leave to reamin, please anyone with knowledge about this could enlighten me here.

As my job is here and my wife is in PSW, i am otherwise willing to go back and come again as dependent but again here my wife visa runs out on next year march (8 months time), i am feeling quite rushed and i didnt wanted to make some wrong decision of rushing if i am still in good position to wait and apply for tier2 (by any chance).

I am in quite big dailema [b]should i wait till very end or its impossible for me to be able to apply for tier2 by august 20 atleast?[/b]

Regards,[/quote]

Hi,

I am in same situation with you. I am on PSW which expires on 10th Aug and my company applied for sponsorship licence on 8th of June. We haven't heard anything from them so I called UK Home Office line couple of times and 4 different people told me that they are experiencing high volume of applications also due to Olympics it will take 1-2 months longer than usual which was normally up to 12 weeks. So in this case there should be a miracle that we can get it on time. There is a way but not guaranteed they told me your company e-mail them for an urgent treatment request sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk by saying that your visa is going to expire soon on X date and they made an application on X date thats why they are requesting an urgent treatment. At least this is what home office told me. Unfortunately my company is not willing to do that because it is such a big company and HR is in the US thats why everything is so slow and they are not really familiar with Visa issues as this will be the first time for them. They think it will look like as if they are pushing Home office . By that you can understand how dumb our HR lady ,s and because of her I wont get it on time. I know people who done it before and they got licence on time. Besides Ive checked this with 3 different lawyers and they all said this is the only way to do it and it cannot look like we are pushing them as this e-mail created for people who are in same situation with us. Perhaps you can mention about urgent treatment to your company and hopefully they will get it on time. Meantime please update us.

Good Luck!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 am

another email address for requesting urgent treatment is scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
It possibly goes to the same place as the one pcik gave but no harm in sending the request to both.

Other threads on the forum suggest that requests for urgent treatment should not be sent to UKBA earlier than 1 month before the "deadline", i.e. before the visa of the migrant to whom it is intended to assign a CoS expires..

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Thanks pclk and manci, for the feedback,

so, i should ask my employer to send email around next week as my visa runs out on august?.

I will update any thing thats going on pclk, hope everything goes well.. i am really worried because, i am neither in position to decide and get all tickets done, packing stuff, :( nor can wait until last day.

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Any one got updated?

I had call to ukba and they replied they are still dealing with "March" application.

swans
Newly Registered

Post by swans » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:28 pm

i was in a similar situation recently my employer requested for urgency treatment in the last 2 weeks of my visa expiry and got the license and cos in time :).

If your company is well established and all ur supporting documents are in order you should be able to get in time.

Ask you employer to send an email to sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk explain the situation and request for urgency treatment and hope for the best.

please keep in mind that you can only request for urgency treatment in the last 12 days of your visa expiry.

All the best and keep faith.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:05 pm

tikejhya wrote:Any one got updated?

I had call to ukba and they replied they are still dealing with "March" application.
tikejhya, did you get your licence processed and then your CoS allocation? If so, have you applied?

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Does anyone know whether Tier 2 (Gen) Skilled Worker applications from those who want to switch from Tier 1 PSW are under quotas?

UKBA only allowes a maximum of 20,700 skilled workers can come to the UK under Tier 2 (General) to do jobs with an annual salary below £150,000 - am I correct by assuming that since PSW category is closed, those who were previously on PSW and are switching now, do not have quota restrictions?

Thanks in advance!

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:50 am

magelenn wrote:Does anyone know whether Tier 2 (Gen) Skilled Worker applications from those who want to switch from Tier 1 PSW are under quotas?

UKBA only allowes a maximum of 20,700 skilled workers can come to the UK under Tier 2 (General) to do jobs with an annual salary below £150,000 - am I correct by assuming that since PSW category is closed, those who were previously on PSW and are switching now, do not have quota restrictions?

Thanks in advance!
You are correct, switching from PSW doesnt count towards quota. An unrestricted Cos has to be allocated

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:58 am

magelenn wrote:
tikejhya wrote:Any one got updated?

tikejhya, did you get your licence processed and then your CoS allocation? If so, have you applied?
No i haven't got anything yet, i am still waiting have sent email but no clue yet.

I am planing to file labor test (my employee), I wonder can i do before i receive COS :^), and only publishing in jobcenter plus and totaljobs will satisfy labour test?

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Hey, Please correct me if i am wrong..

My company has applied for first time (for license) and as i understood it says they will provide at least one COS and that can be filled by me. But there is heck lot of confusion as it also says COS needs to have details of JOB title, Salary, Work hour and so on and so forth.

But as i asked my employeer they said nothing was written regarding job title and all.

i.e. i am appying as psw holder. Please suggest how does this work. (also i havent got License yet but just making sure to wait till deadline)

swans wrote:i was in a similar situation recently my employer requested for urgency treatment in the last 2 weeks of my visa expiry and got the license and cos in time :).

If your company is well established and all ur supporting documents are in order you should be able to get in time.

Ask you employer to send an email to sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk explain the situation and request for urgency treatment and hope for the best.

please keep in mind that you can only request for urgency treatment in the last 12 days of your visa expiry.

All the best and keep faith.

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:20 am

Hi all,

Is there any appropriate time to launch advertisement on Resident Labor Market Test.

I am currently waiting for license to come, which can end-up with any result, otherwise i will have to travel back, and my company is ready to do required bits, and i was wondering

1) Is there any period limit on Labor test? (i.e. it has to be done after allocation of cos? or after getting license or it can be done any time even now when i am waiting for License for company and if yes what is the validity on labour test?)
2) It should be fine to put test on jobcenterplus and one of internet source right?

Note: My company has applied license for the first time.