ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 (General) to Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gidora666
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2 (General) to Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by gidora666 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:28 am

Hi,

I was wondering if you could advise me if I can switch to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) from Tier 2 (General).

According to http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/, I should be able to apply as I meet the following criteria:
You have access to not less than £50,000 from:

1 or more registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Services Authority;
1 or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions listed as endorsed on the UK Trade and Investment website, or
1 or more UK government departments, which have made the funds available for the specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business
: I have 50k.
AND
These funds are held in 1 or more regulated financial institutions
: I am about to put 50k into a bank account.
AND
These funds are disposable (free to spend) in the UK
: I have neither borrowed any proportion of the fund (50k) nor any 3rd party has permission to access it.

Is my interpretation of the rules and legislations correct?

Furthermore, Can my business be a Software House which provides Software Development Services ie has no product ?

Many Thanks,
Gido

maverick_76

Re: Switching from Tier 2 (General) to Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by maverick_76 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 am

Read this again -
gidora666 wrote:You have access to not less than £50,000 from:

1 or more registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Services Authority;
1 or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions listed as endorsed on the UK Trade and Investment website, or
1 or more UK government departments, which have made the funds available for the specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business.
You need to show registered venture capital firms funding your business in case of 50K investment. In case you want to show your own or third party investment then it needs to be 200K.
Is my interpretation of the rules and legislations correct?
So the interpretation is incorrect.

Answer to your other query is yes, you can open a company which provides software dev services to others.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

gidora666
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Tier 2 (General) to Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by gidora666 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks maverick,

As you have mentioned
maverick_76 wrote:Read this again -
You need to show registered venture capital firms funding your business in case of 50K investment. In case you want to show your own or third party investment then it needs to be 200K.
I figured that it's the case. Would you please help me to find out how I can receive funs froma registered venture capital firms? I am writing a letter asking the same question from UK Trade & Investment, GEP team.

Would a business loan from a bank be considered as funds from a venture capital firm?

Thanks again,
Gido

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Guidance has list of registered venture funds, etc

Bank loan is not -
1 or more UK government departments, which have made the funds available for the specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

ItsAWonderfulLife
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Funding Source while on Tier 2 in UK

Post by ItsAWonderfulLife » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:49 am

Maverick

I am planning to be in UK under Tier 2 and then switch to Tier 1 when i have sold my assets in USA. Does it matter or will the UKBA object if i sell my assets while in uk as a Tier 2? (since its not a Tier 2 income but a business asset sale to generate the 200k?

also i am assuming i can switch between Tier 2 to Tier 1 while IN the uk as long as i satisfy the Tier 1 req / 200 k etc?
based on :http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/

thank you!
Cynthia
maverick_76 wrote:Guidance has list of registered venture funds, etc

Bank loan is not -