ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amendment of Naturalization Certificate-Deception (Albanian)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vesivvisha
Newly Registered

Amendment of Naturalization Certificate-Deception (Albanian)

Post by vesivvisha » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I am Albanian. I came to the UK in early 1997 during the troubled time in Albania. When I arrived in the UK I first gave my correct details at one of the police stations in central London but I was told to leave in the middle of the night and report to the HO in Croydon. I was completely lost so I decided to go back but when I arrived at Felixtow I met another Albanian guy who said that theonly way to stay was to pretend we were from Kosovo. I did so reluctantly and I was given permission to stay. I gave all my genuine details apart from the place of birth. In 1990 I was granted ILR and I became a British citizen in 2003. I 2003 I invited my parents here. At the British Embassy in Tirana I provided them with my British Passport stating I was from Kosovo and my original birth certificate showing I was from Albania. At the same time I wrote to the HO and informed them of my deception but I never heard back from them. I invited my parents 4 times here and on every single occassion I provided the Embassy with my genuine birth certificate.
I qualified as a solicitor 2 years ago and I have been in teh UK for almost 16 years now. My wife is a British citizen and I have 3 children, the oldest 7 years old and the youngest 2. I know a couple of guys in a similar situation where the HO have informed them that they will not seek to deprive of citizenship. Many guys who deceived, like myself, have already changed the place of birth on their Naturalization Certificates. However the HO stopped this practice in the end of January 2012 pending a re-draft of the policy.
I made an application to the HO 4 months ago to use their discretion not to deprive me and subject to that to endorse an amendment on my Naturalization Certificate however I have been told that the policy still has not been drafted and a Krasniqi case is being re-considered at Hatton Cross. I am really sorry about the long-winded explanation but I was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation or if someone knew what this Krasniqi case is about as I conducted some research but I do not think I am looking at the correct case.
Any competent feedback is highly appreciated.
Regards

Tonyb2
Newly Registered

Re: Amendment of Naturalization Certificate-Deception (Alban

Post by Tonyb2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 pm

HO has deprive my citizenship