ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 married to a British citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dirk

Tier 2 married to a British citizen

Post by Dirk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:48 am

The new family visa rules are going to preclude that route to us, my fiance and I are due to get married in August in Hong Kong. She is a nurse and has been offered a job in the NHS which will be sponsored, the question she has though is if she is married to a British national and has a dependent child who is also a British citizen will they tell her she is applying for the wrong visa?

I guess this is a new question, in the past the marriage visa route was always the most desirable but today it has to the same length to citizenship and the fact the spouse's skills/savings are not taken into account means its possible to get a Tier 2 visa even if your ineligible for a marriage visa.