ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re entering uk with family permit but no wife

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Laura721

Re entering uk with family permit but no wife

Post by Laura721 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Hello all, hope everyone is well.

A quick query please, my husband is going to see his brother in Italy soon for 2 nights (he has an Albanian biometric passport so does not need a schengen visa for this short stay). I start my new job so cannot go, will he have any trouble leaving or most importantly re entering the uk again on his own? He has a family permit and we first entered the UK together in may. I will be waiting for him at the airport anyway to collect him. Many thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:49 pm

The family permit is a multi entry visa so as long as it is valid he should have no problem entering the UK.

jrge

Re: Re entering uk with family permit but no wife

Post by jrge » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Laura721 wrote:Hello all, hope everyone is well.

A quick query please, my husband is going to see his brother in Italy soon for 2 nights (he has an Albanian biometric passport so does not need a schengen visa for this short stay). I start my new job so cannot go, will he have any trouble leaving or most importantly re entering the uk again on his own? He has a family permit and we first entered the UK together in may. I will be waiting for him at the airport anyway to collect him. Many thanks.
Hi Laura, it's nice to see life is getting back to normal. At least make sure you are reachable, either by phone of physically present at the airport. While returning to the UK on my FP; I was asked twice for my wife's whereabouts, but never was given a hard time.

When are you going to apply for his RC?
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:06 am

Thanks guys. Well I am thinking we should wait a couple more months when we are back from summer holidays in Albania and when I will have payslips for evidence etc or do I just need a letter from my employer? Also I understand I will need all the work stuff from Spain as we applied under Surinder Singh is this correct?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:08 am

If applying under Surinder Singh, there is no need to be a qualified person once you return home (this was established in the Eind judgement). What you need for EEA2 application is to prove (again) of exercising treaty rights in Spain.

You should note that the application form is not well suited for Surinder Singh applications. In any case, an application can't be refused because the application form was not completely filled in.

See also EEA2 and Surinder Singh.

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:52 am

Oh gosh! I think I understand. Perhaps we would be better off applying once back from summer in a month or two then - and can avoid requesting the passport back. :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:21 pm

When does his UK issued "family permit" expire?

It is also always a good idea for him to travel with a photocopy of your passport and of your marriage certificate.

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks will bear in mind that and get him some copies ready just in case.

FP expires on November 3rd 2012.