ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu3 fam retention

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moataz adam

eu3 fam retention

Post by moataz adam » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi guys
I am holder of an EU fam PR. I got it for two years as my passport will expire then. my wife got a job in UK ,but I dont want go there as I have my own job here.so she is leaving Ireland.I want to retain the right to live in Ireland own my own.will u tell me what to do,please. (I my job is part time but good pay and i dont have private health insurance) I applied for naturalization and waiting.
than you

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:18 pm

when your wife leaves ireland, your rights to stay leave with her....
you cannot get the right to remain in ireland on your own without your wife

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:47 pm

if you already granted permanent residence card.there is no problem to contuines your residence.........you just visit gnib with 10 years permission letter they will issue you next 8 years permission in yours new passport.why you dont apply for citizenship ?

moataz adam

Post by moataz adam » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:10 am

hi guys
thanks for your reply
I read in this forum that people after 3 years marriage were able to retain the right to remain on their own,so how come I cant get it after more than 6 years of marriage?.beside I already got permenant residancy.
I am asking just because when i went last time to get my stamp,the officer said i have to bring my wife with me when i come back to renew my stamp.(IQU) I did apply for the citizenship but it was just last March,so it is a long way ahead.
thank again