ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approved - procedure for stamping VISA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilamurugusp
Newly Registered

HSMP Approved - procedure for stamping VISA

Post by ilamurugusp » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:06 pm

I got the HSMP approved from Home Office UK. and I want to apply for the VISA-Entry Clearence in India bangalore. I heard that i have to show min 3lac balance in my bank statement for past 6 months, which i dont have. Is it true? if true, is there any other way to over come.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:08 pm

Hi,

It is true that you will have to show some decent amount in your bank for a EC. I am in no way able to tell you what is the minimum amount required.

The idea is for the EC to figure out what your income is, what your expenses are (which can get an idea of from your bank statements), and how much liquidity (cash available or can be easily available) you have to sustain yourself in the UK. Now there is no set prequisite amount but please be aware that UK is an expensive place to live in. And that what EC wants to know is - how long can you survive in UK without a job or any income??

Even if you money saved in term deposits (FDs) is acceptable as evidence, you do not necessarily need to have a big balance in the bank. All you need to do is show enough proof that you have enough money to sustain in UK while you search for work in UK.

An easy way is that someone sponsors you financially. He / she could be in India or in the UK. Check with VFS office to find out what kind of documents are needed for sponsorship.

regards

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Hi,
I am currently in the UK working part time (am a student) and renting in a house share. will i have to show any amount in the bank (i am applying for HSMP EC from mumbai india). Cos i am already living in the uk and working part time so i am capable of surviving without govt support.

Can i just show my banks statements for last 6 months(uk) and payslips from my employer?

Please advise....

Regards,
Rohan...

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:57 am

Why are you applying from india? You are in country applicant.

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:07 pm

hi,
I am applying from India cos i havnt still graduated yet. i am in the process of handing in my dissertation and will graduate next year. my current student visa is valid till jan 31st 2007. So i want to go to india to apply for the HSMP EC.
i aplied for HSMP in the uk and got approval. Since i am working part time here in the UK and renting a place in a house share, i was wondering if i can show the payslips and tenancy agreement from UK and my bank statements from UK...would i still need to show big amounts of money in my account in india.?? as im already working part time in UK and can take care of myself without govt funds....

Rohan....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:03 pm

Rohan,

Check with HO / BHC India whether you can actually do that .... apply for HSMP in India in the follwoing circumstances:-
1. You have made an application as in-country,
2. You are currently residing in UK, and
3. You have a valid UK visa.

Better to get clarification beforehand rather than turning up at BHC to find that you can't apply this way. It will be a waste of money and time.

So check beforehand if this doable.

All the best.

regards

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Thanks susdmetha,
will call them and find out...

you would think that since i am :

1)already a resident (valid student visa) in the uk
2)working part time and have accomodation in the uk and
3) also due to graduate
4) have secured a full time job offer in the UK (have job offer letter)
5) Can provide passport copies and sponsor letter of accomodation from brother in law and sister in the uk.
6) have HSMP approval (from UK)

that this all would be enuf to prove to the ECO in mumbai that i am capable of living in the UK without help from govt funds.

Also in point 5 above - would i need to show sponsor's bank statement??

Regards,
Rohan...