ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born Outside the UK to a ILR holder

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JAGOO

Child born Outside the UK to a ILR holder

Post by JAGOO » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Can you please answer this question.

1. I acquired ILR under the 10 years category this year.
2. I will be eligible for nationality next yesr and then the passport.
3. Due to recent family migration chnages we still not sure what is the situation with the husbands/wives of ILR holders under this category.
4. Some people say new requirements wud not apply sum say they do so m just waiting for the 9th July changes and see wat happens.
5. My question is that if my wife has to go bak home and gives birth to my child in pakistan, wud i be able to apply for the British passport for my child or not.
6. Again i have received mix responses as sum said, BC by birth and sum said i can not.

Please help.............

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:54 pm

If you are not a British citizen on the date of birth of the child, the born-abroad-child will not be British and therefore not eligible for British passport.
Last edited by geriatrix on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

JAGOO

Post by JAGOO » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Thnx very much for the reply and the advice. Now can you answer the following questions related to British National.

1. I know if my child born in the UK then the child will be a BC by birth.
2. Wat happens if my wife(during her pregnancy) comes here on a visitor visa and gave birth to my child in the UK. Wat happens in this situation?
3. In your reply to my first question lets just say my kid will be born in Aug 2013 in Pakistan and i wud have become a BC in April 2013. So according to your reply my child will be a BC right?

Thnx again........

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 pm

If you know 1, then question in 2 is irrelevant.
The statement in my response above is self-explanatory.

Do note that NHS services are not free for visitors. So, giving birth in UK when on visitor visa is an expensive choice!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:26 am

your wife still can get free medical health care during pregancy but just 1 hospital Hammersmith Hospital Shepherds Bush, London they will not ask your immgaration status :)

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Why does you wife not come to UK on spouse visa. If she applies now in Pakistan, her application will be dealt with under current "easy" rules.

JAGOO

Post by JAGOO » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:58 pm

asim72 wrote:Why does you wife not come to UK on spouse visa. If she applies now in Pakistan, her application will be dealt with under current "easy" rules.
1. To understand my situation please read my post.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105805