ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Cermony Timings!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

valluvan

Citizenship Cermony Timings!!

Post by valluvan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:41 am

Can someone let me know how long it really takes for the citizenship ceremony? It's with Birmingham council and they say it can take upto 2 hours!!.

One more question, if my wife submits her application for Citizenship using NCS and then travels out of UK on her home country passport, will that be OK? I think it is ok, but my wife is apprehensive. could someone clarify/confirm either way please?

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Mine took almost 1:30hs, from the moment I entered the council until I left (that includes checking everyone's documentation), but I think it depends on each council.

It's ok as long as you're wife is in the UK when UKBA receives the application, that's why they ask you to tell them if you're travelling in the next 5 days. Since NCS will give you a tracking number, you will know when they receive it.
-----
Alex