ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa application query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iheisler
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa application query

Post by iheisler » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:42 am

I worked from 03/2007 to September 09/2011 in the UK. I had a Tier 2 general visa valid until July 2012 but decided to quit the job and return to my home country because I had a good job offer there. However it turned out not to be as good as I thought and my previous UK employer wants me to return to the UK and offered a new job there. Therefore I want to apply for a new Tier 2 visa general after September 2012 (having in mind the 12 month cooling off period). Last year in October I sent a letter to Home Office together with my Biometric residence permit card. In the letter I said: "I have a job in my home country and we intend to live here permanently, therefore we are not returning to the UK".
I would like to ask your opinion whether you think this affirmative could influence negatively Home Office's decision in granting me a new visa, eventhough I fulfil all the criteria for a Tier 2 visa general?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 visa application query

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:08 pm

iheisler wrote:Last year in October I sent a letter to Home Office together with my Biometric residence permit card. In the letter I said: "I have a job in my home country and we intend to live here permanently, therefore we are not returning to the UK".
I would like to ask your opinion whether you think this affirmative could influence negatively Home Office's decision in granting me a new visa
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!