ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joining with new Employer before getting visa back from UKBA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amoid
Newly Registered

Joining with new Employer before getting visa back from UKBA

Post by amoid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 am

Hello Everyone.

I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa. I got Tier 2 General Visa in December 2011. I got an offer from New Employer this month and also got the COS number from them.

I applied for Tier 2 General Visa based on new COS from new employer recently.

My question is that Can i start work with new employer before getting my new tier 2 visa back from UKBA or not ?

As start date on COS was 25th June 2012, and end is 01st Jan 2015.

I will appreciate if you guys give me feedback on this query.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Having a COS and applying counts for nothing. You have to wait for the approval letter saying the application is granted and, additionally, it is recommended that you wait further for the BRP.

193. It is recommended that you do not commence employment until you have received your biometric residence permit (BRP). However, on the basis of your approval letter, if you and your sponsor agree to commence the employment before you have your BRP both you and your sponsor carry the risk of having no statutory excuse against a civil penalty if the BRP card is incorrect or withdrawn by us. You can continue working for your previous
sponsor until the start date on your new Certificate of Sponsorship, provided your previous leave has not expired.

amoid
Newly Registered

Post by amoid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Thanks a lot Lucapooka.

I was in a doubt before, but after reading your message it is now clear. Thanks very much.