ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revoking the ILR / Restriction on Return

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Revoking the ILR / Restriction on Return

Post by AndyGandhi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi Seniors,

I was given ILR in Jan 2012, based on 5 yrs. T1G+WP. It was only for me & not for family(Wife plus kid). Did not apply for wife & Kid, due to the fact the my divorce case is in process & small kid was treated as dependent on wife. Both left UK, due to cancellation of visa.

I am presently out of work & in my native country. Due to ongoing litigation in UK, Family High Court in UK has asked HO regarding my immigration status.

I have said in family court that when none of the parties are in UK, cases should be dismissed from UK.

Now my query is whether, can there be any threat to my ILR, whether it can be revoked or can there be any restriction put on my return to UK?

I would appreciate the kind replies by seniors.

AndyGandhi

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:38 pm

ILR is just that - indefinite! It will only lapse if you are outside the UK for over 2 years or in exceptional circumstances such as a serious criminal record.
It is very unlikely that your ILR will be threatened but you did not say how long you have been back in your native country.

If the litigation going on is on a serious matter you should check with your legal council to see if it may impact on your visa status.

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Post by AndyGandhi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:55 am

bob-russell wrote:ILR is just that - indefinite! It will only lapse if you are outside the UK for over 2 years or in exceptional circumstances such as a serious criminal record.
It is very unlikely that your ILR will be threatened but you did not say how long you have been back in your native country.

If the litigation going on is on a serious matter you should check with your legal council to see if it may impact on your visa status.
Thanks for your reply.
Till now, I am only out 2.5 months. I have only family litigation(Divorce & Financial Settlement) in UK, but nothing criminal sort of thing at all.
My solicitor is a family solicitor only & do not advise on immigration matters.
Appreciate further replies.
Thanks

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Post by AndyGandhi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 pm

AndyGandhi wrote:
bob-russell wrote:ILR is just that - indefinite! It will only lapse if you are outside the UK for over 2 years or in exceptional circumstances such as a serious criminal record.

Thanks for your reply.
Till now, I am only out 2.5 months. I have only family litigation(Divorce & Financial Settlement) in UK, but nothing criminal sort of thing at all.
My solicitor is a family solicitor only & do not advise on immigration matters.
Appreciate further replies.
Thanks
Any replies please?........................

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Anyone is free to comment on the forum, but in situations where there is one obvious answer to a question, and that answer is given, other people won't bother to add anything to that.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:47 am

Lucapooka wrote:Anyone is free to comment on the forum, but in situations where there is one obvious answer to a question, and that answer is given, other people won't bother to add anything to that.
Totally agree.