ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport reissue at Birmingham - My experience..

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijack

Indian passport reissue at Birmingham - My experience..

Post by abhijack » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi guys .. I thought of sharing my experience of getting my passport re issued at Birmingham as there is a lack of recent information / replies on it in this forum..

Venue: Birmingham CGI
Date of application: 11.06.2012
Services sought: Re issue of Indian passport on expiry plus change of Indian permanent address.

Reached at 8.15 am.. I was 7th in the queue.. By 8.30 the shutter was opened and we all could sit in the waiting are downstairs. There were about 30 people by the opening time of 9.30 am..

I got the token number 2 for my particular counter. Was called in about 10 mins. The staff took the application form and photocopies of proof of my new Indian address [ bank passbook, PAN card ]... She scanned through the form and gave a slip with collection date of 21.06.2012.

Date of collection: 22.06.2012 [3 - 4.30 pm]

I reached at 3.30 pm. Handed over the slip at counter number 7. Was called in about 15 minutes and was handed the new passport and the old one with visa.

I felt its a straightforward process. They say the queue is less these days as they have started another office in the next street to deal with visa applications. probably thats why I didnt see any non indians or i should say people of non indian origin there..

please feel free to ask me for any clarifications that arise from this post..