ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original (expired) passport not returned along with other do

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

annpgeorge
United Kingdom

Original (expired) passport not returned along with other do

Post by annpgeorge » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:35 pm

Got my naturalization application approval letter and original documents back last week. I applied as spouse of BC. My entry visa was on one passport which I renewed within the last 3 years and my new/current passport had my ILR sticker. I sent both passports. Now when I checked the returned envelope, only one of mine has been. The covering letter states 3 passports as enclosures but only 2 (my current pp + spouse BC pp) were actually in the envelope.

Any ideas on what I can do to get my previous passport. It is of no use but I would like to have it for documentation (evidence of previous travel visas)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Maybe call the HO?

annpgeorge
United Kingdom

Post by annpgeorge » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Jambo wrote:Maybe call the HO?
thank you for your reply Jambo. I have sent them an email (there was an email id on the approval letter)

annpgeorge
United Kingdom

Post by annpgeorge » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Update: I sent UKBA an email and got my passport back on Friday (about 3 weeks later)