ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I really need advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dronnik
Newly Registered

I really need advise

Post by dronnik » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Hello, I came to this forum for some advise that I really need or maybe find out how can my situation be fixed.. I'm 16 year old boy (17 in 2 weeks), I moved to UK in 2007 November, on the Family Visa, that was given to me and my mum for a period of 2 years as she was married on a person with ILR in here.. Well after 2 years, we've applied for ILR, but just after we applied the marriage broke down.. All throughout marriage me and my mum were victims of domestic violence, being severely beaten up by mum's husband.. My mum even had a miscourage because he punched her really hard once! After the marriage break down, he wrote a letter to Homeoffice, which he backdated on the date before official probation's period runs out.. Me and my mum hardly had any evidence of Domestic Violence, the only evidence from Police we had at the time was dated after the probation period, but we also had a picture that I took when my step dad was punching my mum... Eventually we had an asylum court in June 2010, in theory the case wasnt difficult but it was ruined by our legal aid that refused to represent us in court a day before the court.. WE managed to adjourn the court and we had it in July eventually, somehow we didnt win the court... judge said something like "there clearly was domestic violence but its not clear whether it happened during or after marriage breakdown".. then our new solicitor at the time lost every appeal... and at the end we found that he wasnt even solicitor but he was immigrational adviser who basically got money from us... Then we went to an actual solicitor in 2010 November, we reapplied on the basis of DV and he stated that "If marriage broke down after probation period we should be granted an ILR but if it broke down earlier theres proof of DV so we should be granted ILR on that basis" eventually Home Office never gave a clear answer and kept our documents which are still held by them... Then we tried to get on with our lives, try do something as we had no options, so my mum met a guy she fell in love with him and blah blah, so she got pregnant, in August 2011 she got married and a week after marriage she gave birth to a child. Her husband was an EU national, so in December we applied for EEA2 but they sent us the application back asking for more information.. Then my mum was a victim of DV with her new husband, also she has been a victim of sexual assault, my mum and her husband separated in March 2012 and her husband currently has bail condition of not approaching her, all throughout marriage he was verbally bullying her and stuff like that.. Now, its me my mum and a 10 month old baby living together!

We try to do our best to get our status in UK, we've been in the UK for almost 5 years now, Im now a fluent English speaker and I count myself as a member of British community, at the moment I'm studying A-Levels , currently AS Levels, I've done my GCSE's last year and done pretty good. Over the last 5 years my English became much better than my Russian, mother tongue as I've only been speaking Russian at home! Plus I cannot go back to Russia, as educational standards are different and I won't be able to pass exams there due to lack of knowledge.. If I won;t be able to get education, I will have to do National Service in Russian Army, which puts my life under risk.. By the time Ill come out of army, Ill have no where to go, we have no home in Russia, my dad's living his own life he doesn't care about me.. I FEEL LOST!! Over these 3 years of hassles with Home Office I often had psychological breakdowns, just like Mum, she had an operation on her thyroid because of tumour that arised from stress... Im currently writing this with tears on my eyes as I really want to have a good life.. Im a hard working kid, but its really hard for me because I had to deal with all of that since I was 13, dealing with courts etc.

I really want to finish A-Levels and go to University in England, and now I rather feel more English than Russian here, I have a lot of English friends etc.

Please please help me if you know how to deal with our situation!

P.S Sorry for poor written language, I was really emotionally down to follow any spelling mistakes

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:25 am

Does your mother have any proof of domestic violence with her new EEA-husband?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dronnik
Newly Registered

Post by dronnik » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:53 am

vinny wrote:Does your mother have any proof of domestic violence with her new EEA-husband?
Mostly her evidence is the fact that she was sexually assaulted by him, she was sexually assaulted in front of two kids, one of them being 7 months of age at the time and the other one was 4 (daughter of her husband) plus at the moment we are applying for injunction.. She reported it to Police, gave video evidence and stuff.. Plus she reported that incident in GP, also she always used to get rude text from him, sometimes they had threats in them! Also quite a few of her friends were witnessing his behaviour towards her when they were coming to our house.. They could confirm that my mum was treated really badly, being verbally abused and dehumanised verbally.. I'm not sure if that'll be enough!