ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public funds

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dayana173
Newly Registered

Public funds

Post by dayana173 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 am

My father and mother are self-employed but my mother is still taking child benefit and working tax credit whereas my father stop his working tax credit this year because his incomes increase. I am a student and I will apply with my father for PR as my sponsor however I applied for HC2 and I receive the certificate to help me with health costs. I would like to ask if these things will affect our applications.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:04 am

Child benefit and working tax credits for employed/self-employed will not be seen as public funds when applying under EEA regulations.

Health benefits are not considered public funds.

BTW - Normally working tax credits are calculated jointly, so if your father is not eligible, your mother might not be eligible as well. I suggest they verify if they are still eligible.

dayana173
Newly Registered

Post by dayana173 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:24 am

Hello Jambo, thank you for the reply. We send a letter to stop working taxing credit because in April my father went to accountant to finish the tax year and saw that his incomes have increase. I do not know if the working taxing credit is calculate jointly but we send a letter to stop them.

boloney

Post by boloney » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:55 pm

dayana173 wrote:Hello Jambo, thank you for the reply. We send a letter to stop working taxing credit because in April my father went to accountant to finish the tax year and saw that his incomes have increase. I do not know if the working taxing credit is calculate jointly but we send a letter to stop them.
if they lived in one household it should be claimed jointly, otherwise thats benefit fraud.

dayana173
Newly Registered

Post by dayana173 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Yes I asked my mother it is on both names.