ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa and dependent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sameer_Khan
Newly Registered

Student visa and dependent visa

Post by Sameer_Khan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi there,

I have stayed in the UK for 6 years and currently I am on PSW (post study work) which expires in Oct. I have a few questions which I would like to clear about.

-Firstly I got married this year and I am planning to apply for student visa for my wife.
-I am planning to apply for ACCA from BPP university college as ACCA is NQF 7 and BPP is higher education institution.

So now I would like to know if I can apply for student visa for her and my dependent visa together or I can apply my dependent once she is here in the UK.

Further I would like to know that if I apply for ACCA from the start to the end does it cover NQF level 7.

I would appreciate all your help as I am a bit stuck whether to apply now or later.

Thank

Sameer

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:11 pm

u cant change your visa on your wife sutdent visa as dependant inside uk u have to go back to change your visa as dependant

Sameer_Khan
Newly Registered

Student and Dependent Visa

Post by Sameer_Khan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 am

Ok that means I can apply for dependent visa if I apply from outside the UK.

Further what about ACCA, is it considered as NQF 7 as on the home office website it says that you can only bring dependents if:

-you are studying on a course which lasts more than one year.

-And the course should be NQF 7.

My wife has just finished her class 12th from India and she can apply for any bachelors course from UK but they are all NQF 6 and ACCA is NQF 7 if you do
papers F9 onwards.

So now my question is that if she starts from the begining to the end what is it considered.

Thanks

Sameer

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: Student and Dependent Visa

Post by quantum1 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:56 am

Sameer_Khan wrote:Ok that means I can apply for dependent visa if I apply from outside the UK.

Further what about ACCA, is it considered as NQF 7 as on the home office website it says that you can only bring dependents if:

-you are studying on a course which lasts more than one year.

-And the course should be NQF 7.

My wife has just finished her class 12th from India and she can apply for any bachelors course from UK but they are all NQF 6 and ACCA is NQF 7 if you do
papers F9 onwards.

So now my question is that if she starts from the begining to the end what is it considered.

Thanks

Sameer
What papers will your wife be studying? And what level does your sponsoring institution say it is, on the CAS?