ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA ... FLR??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

missdi
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA ... FLR??

Post by missdi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Hello, first of all i want to tell thank u all for ur help reading all ur comments and posts i was able to get a LOT more information for what i needed to do to get my fiancee visa and thanks to that it was approved! (yay!!!) and quite fast as well 15 days + delivery time :D

Now im in the UK under fiancee visa and i will get married in september with my fiance in Devon, shame they only give u 6 months to organize a wedding! :?

I want to ask u guys...after we are married...what's the next step? i was reading the official website and looked at the FLR(M) seems to be the right form to fill, thoooo it says we needed proof that we have been living together for 2 years...so...whats up with that?? we are just about to live together permanently we spent time together in the past (i've been here in the uk 2 times and stayed at his place, once for 3 months and the second time for 5 months, also he has been visiting my hometown in several occasions). Just thought it was a weird thing they are asking for, and not sure if thats the one i should be filling!!!!

so basically my questions are.... :?:

- The documents i need to send to them are pretty much the ones i sent before for my fiancee visa with the only difference of adding the marriage certificate and wedding photos?? or i dont really need to send the BIG pkg i sent last time???

- How long does it takes to be processed? (flr)

- Is it the right form to fill FLR (M) ????

Well tnanks again so much for any replies i appreciate all ur help!! :)

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:49 am

Right above the point where it asks for 2 years of docs there is this:
If you are applying as an unmarried or same-sex partner, or if you answered no to question 4.1 and are applying for an extension of stay although you have completed or nearly completed 2 years’ leave to enter or remain in the UK as a partner, in addition to the relevant documents in sub-section 11A, you must provide the following documents:
None of which would apply to you.

On your other questions:

Big pack - not when I applied - just send the docs they ask for
Mine took a couple of months a few years back now.
FLR(M) right form for fiancee -> spouse? Yes.