ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance requirement 4 Tier 2 dependent child born in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

Maintenance requirement 4 Tier 2 dependent child born in UK

Post by Kishorbm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:34 am

Dear all,
I'm in a process of applying dependent Tier 2 visa for my 6 month old son born in UK as we are planning to travel to home country. I was reading through the guidance notes and found that if the dependant application is made separate from the main application then I need to show maintenance funds for the dependants. I've been in UK for almost 4 yrs now and had showed the funds during my main application for the my wife and the elder son.
My question is with this new application (only for one child) do I have to show the maintenance funds for all the family members (£900 for myself, £600 each for 3 dependants) or only for one new child (just £600)?
Thank you.

ech
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds for dependants

Post by ech » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Sorry , I dont have an answer but am in a similar situation. My husband will be applying for Tier 2 extension together with 2 dependants, that is, me (spouse) and our child as dependants. My qtn are:

1. It seems the main applicant does not need to prove that they have enough maintanance funds as he's applying for a Tier 2 extension but i'm not sure about the dependants? Do we need to provide bank statements showing £600 for each of us?

2. On the Tier 2 policy guidance there's a point that says one needs to provide payslips for the whole period that they have been working in UK? Is this right, I feel like i'm interpreting this statement incorrectly.

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Here's a quote from the UKBA policy guidance for dependants:

53. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 2 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third
child and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £600 in available funds.

I think it means you do need to provide proof of additional funds

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Kishorbm wrote:My question is with this new application (only for one child) do I have to show the maintenance funds for all the family members (£900 for myself, £600 each for 3 dependants) or only for one new child (just £600)?
The required maintenance fund for the dependant(s) making an application - only.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

Post by Kishorbm » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:14 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Kishorbm wrote:My question is with this new application (only for one child) do I have to show the maintenance funds for all the family members (£900 for myself, £600 each for 3 dependants) or only for one new child (just £600)?
The required maintenance fund for the dependant(s) making an application - only.
Thank you sushmehta,
The point 53 in policy guidance is not very clear and thats why I was confused. I had prepared myself to show £600 in my bank account for 3 months but then when preparing for the documents i read this point and got confused.
53. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 2 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third
child and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £600 in available funds.

what do they mean by 'each member of the family' and 'additional'. I mean it makes sense just to show maintenance funds for the new dependant and not the whole family as I've already satisfied this requirement for rest of the family while making the original application 2 yrs ago.

If it is just £600 then I can apply by post straight away but if it is £2700 for the whole family then I will have to transfer money now and wait for 3 months and then apply in person as I don't have enough time. We are travelling in December.

Thanks for you time again.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:42 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

asifbunny
Newly Registered

Post by asifbunny » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:49 am

Dear Members

My wife have Tier 1 general visa and she has recently got her extension .She have 3 dependents and all of us got extension same time.
the 4th dependent is our son who is minor (17 years old) is outside UK.Now she want to apply Tier 1 Dependent visa for him .
My question is how much maintenance ...does she need to show maintenance for for only one dependent who is outside uk ...just note she has been in UK more than one year.
does she need to show only £600 for single dependent??
or she need to show (£900+£600+£600+£600 (herself and 3 dependent already in uk with valid leave)+£600(dependent who intend to apply now)=£3300

please advise me i tried to find out but all the guidance explain if the main applicant and dependent applying at same time.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:11 am

Please don't post the same question twice