ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Already spent 8 years on Tier 4?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Deepshithole2010

Already spent 8 years on Tier 4?

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:24 am

Hi,
I have already spent 8 yrs 11 months on Tier 4 and my Visa is expiring in Dec 2012.
I have applied for my PSW on the basis of ACCA fundamental level which is likely to be refused, I would like to know what my option would be to continue further studies, as i wish to complete my masters degree.

I understand that the new rule stipulates the max time spent on Tier 4 to be 8 years.

What other options do I have,would i have to go for Tier 2 or Tier 1 (entrepreneur) or I can continue to be on Tier 4 by taking a PhD course.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

The UKBA have striven to place hurdles in the path of people whose only goal is to remain in the Student category solely for the purposes of settlement. That's why you find yourself in this situation. You will need to look at other categories if you hope to remain.

87.In addition to the 3 years of permitted study below degree level for Tier 4 (General) students and any time spent in the Tier 4 (Child) category, the time that a Tier 4 student can spend studying at or above degree level will be limited to 5 years, except in the following circumstances:
[...]
• Those Tier 4 (General) students studying for a PhD at a Recognised Body or at an HEI providing that on completion of the PhD, the time spent in Tier 4 (General) student category will not exceed 8 years. If, as a result of the application for an extension of leave, the time spent in the category would exceed 8 years, the extension application will be refused.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:04 pm

According to your situation, you cannot apply anymore visa/LTR on Tier-4.