ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration of minor at Indian counslate advantage

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dms_sbs

Registration of minor at Indian counslate advantage

Post by dms_sbs » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:02 am

My daughter was born in UK but she has not got her british passport yet. She is 7 months old and still we can register her birth to Indian consulate.
Me and wife both are Indian Citizen but have got our Permanent settlement in UK visa in June 2012 this year. My Daughter is not british citizen by birth because when she was born we did not have permanent residency of UK and we were on temporary visa.
My query is can we still register her birth at Indian consulate without any affidavit or letter from UK home office.
And if I get British passport for me by naturilization after 1 year and get my daughter British citizen ship now then can my daughter apply for OCI once I get OCI provided that she has never got Indian passport and never got register her birth at Indian consulate.
If we are not planning to get Indian passport for our minor child who is born in UK then is there any advantage of registering her birth at Indian counslate.

I know I can get her PIO but will she be able to get OCI ever provided that her birth is not register at Indian consulate and she never got Indian passport.
Could any senior and experience please provide this information to us. I have looked everywhere in this form but all confusing information.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:40 am

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!