ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

davidoff
Newly Registered

Naturalization ceremony

Post by davidoff » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi
I have just got a phone call from my immigration advisor a bout my citizenship application which has been approved; she said the only thing left is my ceremony invitation letter which won’t take more than 2 weeks.
I was wondering do I need to wait for that letter in order to book my ceremony?
Because I read on this forum some people they booked their ceremony the day hat they got their approval letters , don’t they need to wait for invitation letter?
Many thanks

ana ali

Re: Naturalization ceremony

Post by ana ali » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:05 pm

davidoff wrote:Hi
I have just got a phone call from my immigration advisor a bout my citizenship application which has been approved; she said the only thing left is my ceremony invitation letter which won’t take more than 2 weeks.
Because I read on this forum some people they booked their ceremony the day hat they got their approval letters , don’t they need to wait for invitation letter?
Many thanks
my brother also applied through lawyer he got his approval after one year may 2012 and he is still waiting 4 council letter for 6 weeks............

girlpower19818

Re: Naturalization ceremony

Post by girlpower19818 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 pm

davidoff wrote:Hi
Many thanks
To book your ceremony, you will need to contact your local council or the council you put on your form if it is different. The problem you might have is 1) some councils do ask for details on the letter while some do not when trying to book for a ceremony. 2) To attend the ceremony you will definitely need the invitation letter with you so it will be difficult, unless you get a date that is over two weeks away and hope and pry your invitation letter has arrived by then.
Most people who applied through NCS (me included) get one letter which is both approval and invitation letter in one hence I was able to book my ceremony the day I received my approval/invitation letter.
Lastly congratulations on your approval and good luck with the rest of your journey.
You can try contacting council and see what they say.