ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering with the police when on Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ech
Newly Registered

Registering with the police when on Tier 2 visa

Post by ech » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Hello,

I am applying for Tier 2General extension with my 2 dependants and have 2 questions relating to the applcation.

1. Is it a requirement that everyone who is on the Tier 2 visa should be registered with police whilst residing in the UK? Because i have been in the country for almost 3 years and have not registered, didnt know about this.

2. If answer to (1.) is yes, then what do u suggest I do?

3. Do I need to include payslips when I apply for the Tier 2 visa extension?

Your help will be very much appreciated
Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm

If someone of your particular nationality does not or did not have to register with the police, then you don't have to register with the police. Then or now!

ech
Newly Registered

Payslips

Post by ech » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks, so if its not stated on my visa vignette then I dont need to register.

How about the payslips question?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Payslips

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:44 am

ech wrote:How about the payslips question?
That is covered in both the application form and the guidance. I suggest that you read both if you actually intend to make an application.

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Thanks for the reply

I have read the appllication form and the policy guidance and from my own understanding it seems you only need to submit payslips if u're applying under the Tier 2 ICT extension and not the Tier 2 General.

I'm just trying to get confirmation if this is correct as I know any mistake will have serious consequences.

My apologies if the questions seem to obvious, still finding my footing in this immigration process.

Many thanks

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:19 pm

ech wrote:Thanks for the reply

I have read the appllication form and the policy guidance and from my own understanding it seems you only need to submit payslips if u're applying under the Tier 2 ICT extension and not the Tier 2 General.

I'm just trying to get confirmation if this is correct as I know any mistake will have serious consequences.

My apologies if the questions seem to obvious, still finding my footing in this immigration process.

Many thanks
I am applying for a Tier 2 extension too and will be sending mine without any proof for maintenance. This place will never give you a straight answer for anything, they think we are stupid and don't read the guidance therefore they want to teach us a lesson or whatever when most people just come for a little reassurance so those who have travelled the path before or are simply knowledgeable in the field could give a straightforward answer instead of prolonging the ordeal as they mostly do. It is not like you haven't done your research, you just wanted a simple reassurance! Good luck!

P.S. I don't know anything about the dependants applications, different rules apply to that. I am simply advising on your personal Tier 2 extension.