ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hellokittyhannah

Please Help

Post by hellokittyhannah » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 am

Hi there
I am new on this forum, I need to ask very important quiestions about VAF4A form

Im at the stage of filling in form VAF4A and it is almost complete however there are a few questions I am unsure about and I would be ever so grateful for some help. I have been over the questions many times now but cannot find myself to give a definitive answer therefore I require the help of the helpful people on here. The questions are as follows -

Q.1. On which date do you wish to travel to the UK?
WE have to put a date here, so what does one put? The answer is as soon as possible/ as soon as visa is issued. But what date am I supposed to put?

Q.1.2. Family Name as on passport - Family name is blank on passport, but husbands family name has been put along side his given name on his passport. You cannot leave this field blank. What do I put here then?

Q.2.7. Please give details of any previous passport, covering the last 10 years including where these passports are now - My husband’s passport had expired, he applied for a new passport, on his new passport it states OLD PASSPORT REPORTED LOST. But the passport had expired. So what do I put here? Very confused on this one.

Q.4.14 Does your sponsor currently live with you at the address given in Q3.1 - I am visiting husband in India while we submit the application, however I am due to go back at the end of July. I am not technically living here, rather visiting so what would I put here? If not living, what full details do I provide? can I explain that I am with him at present?

Q.5.11 Do you receive income from any other sources, including friends or family? - Husband does not work in India, he had money we were given at our wedding, plus his father gives him some money as and when needed and I have also given him money. Would we class this as income being received?

Q.6.6 Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last 10 years? - Husband left the UK, but it was on his own accord and he paid for his travel himself. Would the answer be NO here? (He was an overstayer)

Q. 8.4.5, 4.6, 4.7 - How often do you meet your sponsor, When did you last meet, How do you keep in touch - Currently I am with him, however prior to this we were away from each other for three months, and we kept in touch via phone, emails etc. So what do I put here? We meet every day, we met last met today, we keep in touch face to face?

If someone could assist with even any of the above questions it would help immensley, as I want to submit the online form today.
Thank you.

batleykhan

Re: Please Help

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:26 am

hellokittyhannah wrote:Hi there
I am new on this forum, I need to ask very important questions about VAF4A form

I'm at the stage of filling in form VAF4A and it is almost complete however there are a few questions I am unsure about and I would be ever so grateful for some help. I have been over the questions many times now but cannot find myself to give a definitive answer therefore I require the help of the helpful people on here. The questions are as follows -

Q.1. On which date do you wish to travel to the UK?
WE have to put a date here, so what does one put? The answer is as soon as possible/ as soon as visa is issued. But what date am I supposed to put?

The visa processing is taking 3 months in India, so put down 28/09/12. If visa is issued he can travel to UK straightaway

Q.1.2. Family Name as on passport - Family name is blank on passport, but husbands family name has been put along side his given name on his passport. You cannot leave this field blank. What do I put here then?

This will be his family name ( usually his surname like Khan, Patel, Smith )

Q.2.7. Please give details of any previous passport, covering the last 10 years including where these passports are now - My husband’s passport had expired, he applied for a new passport, on his new passport it states OLD PASSPORT REPORTED LOST. But the passport had expired. So what do I put here? Very confused on this one.

Put down his old passport number and say it had expired or lost which ever one is applicable.Are you sure his passport expired or it got lost and he has applied for new one?.Why does it say passport lost?It would only say that if passport is lost and not expired !!!

Q.4.14 Does your sponsor currently live with you at the address given in Q3.1 - I am visiting husband in India while we submit the application, however I am due to go back at the end of July. I am not technically living here, rather visiting so what would I put here? If not living, what full details do I provide? can I explain that I am with him at present?

The answer is No. You are not living with him, just visiting him

Q.5.11 Do you receive income from any other sources, including friends or family? - Husband does not work in India, he had money we were given at our wedding, plus his father gives him some money as and when needed and I have also given him money. Would we class this as income being received?

Yes, as he gets money from you and his parents, even though it may be a minimal amount

Q.6.6 Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last 10 years? - Husband left the UK, but it was on his own accord and he paid for his travel himself. Would the answer be NO here? (He was an over stayer)

You have to put down Yes as he was an over stayer, even though he left on his own accord/cost

Q. 8.4.5, 4.6, 4.7 - How often do you meet your sponsor, When did you last meet, How do you keep in touch - Currently I am with him, however prior to this we were away from each other for three months, and we kept in touch via phone, emails etc. So what do I put here? We meet every day, we met last met today, we keep in touch face to face?

Write down details of when, where and how you meet, keep in contact with each other

If someone could assist with even any of the above questions it would help immensely, as I want to submit the online form today.
Thank you.

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:17 am

For the first question, we put down 'as soon as possible'.
Sis-in-law..
2 May 2012 : English test Results
4 July 2012 @ Mirpur : Submitted Spouse Visa
17 July 2012 : Under process at BHC
20 November 2012 : Received RFC
21 November 2012 : Visa approved
Dec 2012 : Arrived in England