ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Rejected..Need Help for Review

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rumi32
Newly Registered

HSMP Rejected..Need Help for Review

Post by rumi32 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:31 am

Dear All,

My case summary is following:

Application sent: 18th Sept 2006
Application reached: 20th Sept 2006
CC Charged: 20th Sept 2006
Application rejected: 12th Oct 2006
Rejection letter recieved on 16th Oct 2006

I am under 28 applicant from Pakistan.I was awarded following points:

Working Experience: 0
Earning: 25
Education: 15

I have supplied job experience letters from two employers. They say that the job which i am currently doing is not a graduate level job. I am working as an Assistant Engineer with a mulitnational company.Before that I was working as a Project Engineer in another company. I dont know what they have done.I think they might have seen just my job title.My experience letter was detail one and it clearly mentioned that the job is a graduate level and it was signed and stamped by the CEO of our company. I dont know what to do ? Please any one suggest me what to do? Also tell me that if there is separate form for review by home office as I cannot find any on the website.

Regards

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:16 am

Sorry for your Rejection,

It will be better if you show you experience letter and may be forum can help you.

root

Post by root » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:18 am

very sad to hear. U r Pakistani. I saw many refusals with pakistanis in recent months on regardless basis. Please share ur letter which was rejected by them. some highlights of job description.

(For all members )Please must see following links

http://www.iasuk.org/C2B/PressOffice/di ... 341&Type=2

http://www.iasuk.org/C2B/PressOffice/di ... 340&Type=2

http://www.iasuk.org/C2B/PressOffice/di ... 337&Type=2

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:40 pm

Please tell me how to fill the review form. I was rejected because of graduate level experience? Can I provide any supporting documents? I am going to attach three page explanation with my review form so will it be oK?

Please help me. I need your guys feedback.

root

Post by root » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:45 pm

Please share ur exp letter with us what it was saying... after then v can help

u cant give additional docs for review

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:49 pm

Heard a lot of this graduate level experience rejection. Really wierd

I have over 9 yrs of experience and I think having this term 'graduate level experience' in my reference letter at this experience will raise doubt in caseworkers mind leading to unnecessary verification.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:22 am

Please find below my experience letter for your guys information. Please comment on this letter and tell me where I was wrong. Also suggest me how to prepare review:

This is to certify that XXXXXX is a permanent employee of XXXXXX, a wholly owned subsidiary of XXXXXXXXXX which in turned is wholly owned by XXXXXXXX.

XXXXXX owns and operates a Combined Cycle Power Plant having a capacity of 235 MW and consists of a Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine & HRSG (Heat Recovery Steam Generator) and a Gas Treatment Plant (GTP) having a capacity of 50 MMSCFD. The total number of permanent employees working in XXXX is 118.

Mr. XXXXXX has been working in XXXXXX since XXXX,in the company's Head Office at XXXXX and holds the post of Assistant Engineer Performance / IT reporting to the Performance Engineer. The post of Assistant Engineer Performance/IT is a graduate level post requiring an engineering degree to handle various in-depth technical engineering matters. Below is a brief description of his job responsibilities:

·Monitoring Plant Performance by utilizing the data coming from site on daily basis and highlighting areas of improvement.

·Overseeing Plant machinery maintenance e.g. Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, HRSG, Pumps, Pipes, Valves, Cooling Towers, Generators, Compressors, Water treatment plant etc.

·Preparing Technical Agreements and ensuring its implementation.

·Proposals for the improvement & development of the project.

·Preparation of monthly president review report and monthly data preparation for XXX.

·Overseeing Safety and Environmental Issues (ISO 14001) of the Power Plant.

·Verification of XXX Bills, XXX Bills, Liquidated & Capacity Damages.

·Power Plant Performance Data Calculation e.g. Load Factor, Capacity Factor, Gas Turbine and Steam Turbine Generation, Heat Rate, Efficiency, Availability & Outages.

·Gas Treatment Plant Performance Data Calculation e.g. Raw & Sweet Gas Consumption, GTP Internal Gas Consumption, Gas Gross Calorific Value Calculation, Chemicals Consumption etc.

·Preparing Power Plant & GTP Performance Reports on monthly basis.

·Assisting Performance Engineer & Chief Executive Officer in liaising with Government Organizations e.g. XXXX , XXX, and XXXX & XXXXX etc.

·Supporting Logistics department and liaising with clearing agent for ensuring timely clearance of shipments.

·Supporting IT department and recommendations for improvement in IT Infrastructure of the company.

·Any other matter given from time to time by the Performance Engineer & Chief Executive Officer.

Please feel free to get in touch with the undersigned for any further information / clarification in the matter.

Thank You,

XXXXXXX
Chief Executive Officer

Reason of rejection given in the letter is following:

We were not satisfied that sufficient evidence was provided to demonstrate that your previous work experience involved two years graduate level work. The HSMP guidance states that graduate level experience would normally be a role within a company or institution that would require you to have a minimum educational standard of a UK degree or equivalent. The evidence provided derived from XXXXXXX does not illustrate a requirement of the post holder to have a minimum educational standard of a UK degree or equivalent to undertake the duties of the post. Therefore we were unable to award points for this section.
[/b]

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:45 am

what is ur education?

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:05 am

I have done BSc Mechanical Engineering which is equivalent to UK engineering degree.

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:31 am

did employer mentioned start and end dates

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:33 am

since XXXX. It is mean up to now.

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:35 am

if u applied under 28 then u shud have 2 years graduate exp , did u calculate correctly ur duration

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:44 am

root I think the problem is not in the period. Problem is to proof that this is graduate level role

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:47 am

did u submit one letter or 2 letters . any other exp letter that u have submitted? if so then share it as well.

It seems that job description is fine. I dont find problem with that

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:51 am

I have submitted one another which i will share with you but I was rejected because of this experience. please suggest me. should i go for expensive lawyers? Also the reason for the review box in the review form is very small. So can i attach additional sheets for explanation?

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:55 am

give detailed description of all of ur exp letters and duration .
dont give information in parts else v cant help u

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:03 am

My previous letter is following:( This was accepted)

This is to certify that XXXXX has served in the XXXX from XXXXX to XXXX.

XXXXXXXX was set up in 1931. Ever since it has provided its clients with world-class products and services. XXX is a leading OEM of Diesel Generating Sets (5 - 800 KVA). It manufactures diesel gensets from 5KVA to 800KVA coupled with world-renowned engines & alternators. Some of the world’s renowned manufacturers XXX represents include Sceneider Electric, Thorn Lighting, Ferraz Shawmut, Thermo weld, Hitzinger, PUMA, Yotai Refractories and Foster Wheeler.

XXXXXX has worked with us in the capacity of Project Engineer at the XXXX and was entrusted with the responsibilities of multi dimensional nature of field and desk jobs. The post of Project Engineer is a graduate level post because it requires project management and technical skills of a graduate engineer. Following is a brief description of his responsibilities:

·Execution and Supervision of Installation, testing, commissioning & maintenance of various power plants in the field of telecommunication.

·Supervision & execution of a turnkey project of supply, installation, and commissioning of Diesel Generating Sets, Line conditioners, & Earthing systems for BTS and MCS Sites against the projects XXXXXX, with XXXXXX.

·Field surveying & designing drawings of power plants in AutoCAD.

·Preparation of Monthly Project Progress Reports.

·Supervision of a team of electricians & technicians that were headed by the site supervisors, in the field and to coordinate between them to ensure timely execution of the project.

·Assigning different site maintenance tasks to the site supervisors & getting feedback.
Execution of ATP (Acceptance Testing Procedure) for handing over the sites to the clients after completion.

·Liaising with clients to ensure timely maintenance of the site and to resolve different technical issues.

·Budgeting site expenditures and preparing BOQ (Bill of Quantity) & BOM (Bill of Material) for different sites.

·Ensuring cost control in the execution of the projects.

·Bid evaluation, procurement and cost evaluation of turnkey projects.

·Any other matter given by the manager projects or General Manager.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if you need any other information.

For XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Manager Projects (North)

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:29 am

rumi32,

Does your compony have web site?

If yes is there any job advertisements?

It can help you for review, show HSMP that the role you have requires degree.

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:30 am

tell duration of first job and second job

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:35 am

Dear root!

First job was from jan 2004 to sep 2004.
Second was from Feb 2005 to current.

Dear arm!

Please tell me how to write review. The explanation box is very small. So I use additional sheets for explanation.

Also there is no website for our company. can i used job advertisement from newspaper? Would they not consider it additional evidence?

root

Post by root » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:43 am

write explanation on other page.
first job duration is just 9 months and there is gap b/w first and second job.

second job description also seems fine.

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:45 am

Do they into account the gap. Does gap matters ? They just need two years graduate level experience?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:46 am

Could you bring an example from newspaper?

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:48 am

If i submit a add from newspaper then they will reject my review because they will say that i have submitted additional evidence.

Also tell me do i need to submitt photocopies of all the previous documents submitted?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:16 am

Can you show an example from newspaper?