ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

koga00
Newly Registered

citizenship

Post by koga00 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:41 am

Hello
Just new to this board but i have a little issue i would like to clarify.
My dad has the old blue style british passport that was issued to him in nigeria in 1957 when he was coming over to the UK for his law degree.
It says on the passport british subject and citizen of the United Kingdon and Colonies.
He was in the UK till 1964 and then he got a job with the Fed Minstry in Lagos Nigeria so he went back to start the job after his law.
Now my question is, he wants to get a new passport and he was told he would have to apply as if he is getting a first passport because it's been long that he had the old blue style passport.
But on the C1 form he has to include his Certificate of registration number and the date it was issued.
He can't recollect anything about getting the registration Certificate but he knows for sure that he would have been registered before he got the passport.
How can he go about getting Cert of Reg and from my analysis,will the process of getting his new British passport be ok
He was born in Nigeria in 1933
Thanks alot

sato
Newly Registered

Post by sato » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:19 pm

I'll advise you to visit the British High Commission in Nigeria, they'll resolve the issue, if any.