ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Application(TIER1)-reference number of main appl.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alex1981
Newly Registered

Dependent Application(TIER1)-reference number of main appl.

Post by Alex1981 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Hello

I am planning to apply separately from the main applicant to save some money. Question L3 (page 29) asks for the main applicant's most recent application to the UKBA. It does not specify "If Know" so I assume it is a mandatory field. How soon will I be able to get hold of this number? Will it come with their decision or notification of receipt of documents?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

A.

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:48 pm

How is the main applicant applying? PEO or Postal?

If PEO, reference number will be on the approval letter.

If postal, it will be on the acknowledgment letter.

Alex1981
Newly Registered

Post by Alex1981 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Postal.

I have checked various time lines on the Sticky Notes and I am worried that the acknowledgement letter could reach us after my visa expires ( both our visas expire on the same date).

Will the UKBA be picky if I leave this question unanswered by specifying the applicant's name only.

Does the risk worth the effort?

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:04 pm

If ack letter not received, you can mention so in the cover letter and just mention the name and date of application

If it is only one dependant, the saving is £189, not worth the anxiety it could cause IMHO

Alex1981
Newly Registered

Post by Alex1981 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks Layman.

Mentioning this in my covering letter is a good idea.

Although this will still be up to a UKBA officer to decide whether they want to be picky with my case as I believe they could have the right ground to reject my application due to the incompleteness.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:22 pm

layman wrote:If ack letter not received, you can mention so in the cover letter and just mention the name and date of application
Also include - nationality, date of birth, passport number - of the main applicant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!