ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Barclays Bank: The challenge ahead..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srpdata

Barclays Bank: The challenge ahead..

Post by srpdata » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi All,

To all the Tier-1 general applicants who have either recently applied for extension or about to apply in few days , I have 3 questions :

a) Which branch can stamp your online statements ? If recently someone got there statements stamped please let me know the branch name [ Fleet street was the one which was previously mentioned in one of the answers ]

b) Did they agreed to give you a separate letter stating that all the printed copies are authenticated ones?

c) Did anybody faced issues while paying the fees via Barclay's debit card ? do we need to call the customer care before we make the payment

Regards
Srp

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Any response???

WellingtonKiwi

Post by WellingtonKiwi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:09 am

I got mine stamped at Barclays in King St EC2, but didn't ask for a letter. No problem using a Barclays debit card to pay the fees.

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks WellingtonKiwi, Could you please tell me the exact postcode for Barclays branch where you got it stamped.

Air
Newly Registered

Re: Barclays Bank: The challenge ahead..

Post by Air » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 am

srpdata wrote: c) Did anybody faced issues while paying the fees via Barclay's debit card ? do we need to call the customer care before we make the payment
I paid via barclays debit without problems. I did call them in advance and explained that a big payment is going to be deducted "please don't block it". Girl on the line noted all the details and said that in general they cannot take prior notice for payments which to be let through, but Home Office is a governmental institution and they "normally" don't block them.
I'd suggest to call them anyway, spend 5 minutes but feel safer.

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:34 am

Thanks Air for the response, Could you also tell me which branch did you got your statements signed?

Air
Newly Registered

Post by Air » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:17 am

I'm receiving formal paper statements exactly for the visa purposes, which I submitted. They were not signed/stamped.
For savings accounts (maintenance funds) they send statements at the end of the year, so again I called them and asked to send me a statement from the beginning of 2012 till present, which they've done during next few days.

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks for the reply, i am using the current account for maintaining my funds for 90 days not in savings account, i hope that is fine.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:56 pm

srpdata wrote:Thanks for the reply, i am using the current account for maintaining my funds for 90 days not in savings account, i hope that is fine.
This will be fine. I've done the same in the past. Just ensure that you have maintained the required balance throughout the required time period.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 pm

If i take online statements from Barclays, my a/c number, address are not there. What is the procedure to get address on the statements ? I have postal statements but i need statements for 10 more days.. what to do ?

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi aditya, I am also facing the same issue and i need 5 more days of statement to show my salary and fund maintenance. There is a machine in bank which generate the statement in Black and white and i think that has the same format , hopefully we can use that.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:46 pm

The guidance clearly states what is required. Have you tried to get an Ad-hoc statement from a bank branch?

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day period;
• that there are enough funds present in the account

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above.
In addition, the applicant will need to provide either:
• a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements; or
• an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are admissible as evidence.

WellingtonKiwi

Post by WellingtonKiwi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:53 am

srpdata wrote:Thanks WellingtonKiwi, Could you please tell me the exact postcode for Barclays branch where you got it stamped.
EC2V 8AU - nearest tube stop is Bank. But any Barclays should do it for you as long as you have appropriate ID?!