ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS/Antenatal support for ILR holder's wife on Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PinkFloyd

NHS/Antenatal support for ILR holder's wife on Visitor Visa

Post by PinkFloyd » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi,

I have been recently granted ILR and my wife will be coming over to join me here in the UK on a visitor visa as opposed to dependant visa. We *might* be on our way to parenthood. So, I am wondering if she lands here will she be entitled to Antenatal care and NHS even though she is on visitor visa. As far as I understand health services are not extended to people on visitor visa but is/can it be extended to the wife of a settled person even though she is just visiting.

Vaguely related, Can she register with the GP.

Thanks for any pointers...

Cheers!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: NHS/Antenatal support for ILR holder's wife on Visitor V

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:50 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:So, I am wondering if she lands here will she be entitled to Antenatal care and NHS even though she is on visitor visa.
No to everything you asked and expect to pay if she does avail herself of those services.