ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) -- Cohabitation docs for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

palaremzi

SET(O) -- Cohabitation docs for spouse

Post by palaremzi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Am I understanding this right: When applying for settlement using SET(O), the cohabitation documents covering the 2 year period are needed only for unmarried partners. For a married partner all one needs is the marriage certificate. I.e. no cohab docs are necessary.

This is the impression that I got after reading this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/

see the part:
Marriage or civil partnership certificate
You should provide your marriage or civil partnership certificate if you have included your husband, wife or civil partner as a dependant on your application.

Unmarried partner
If you are not married to your partner but have included them as a dependant on your application you need to send evidence that you have been in a relationship for at least two years. This evidence could include: (starts to list the documents)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Reading the SET(O) form will help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sarvo_uk
Newly Registered

Re: SET(O) -- Cohabitation docs for spouse

Post by sarvo_uk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:33 pm

palaremzi wrote:Am I understanding this right: When applying for settlement using SET(O), the cohabitation documents covering the 2 year period are needed only for unmarried partners. For a married partner all one needs is the marriage certificate. I.e. no cohab docs are necessary.

This is the impression that I got after reading this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/

see the part:
Marriage or civil partnership certificate
You should provide your marriage or civil partnership certificate if you have included your husband, wife or civil partner as a dependant on your application.

Unmarried partner
If you are not married to your partner but have included them as a dependant on your application you need to send evidence that you have been in a relationship for at least two years. This evidence could include: (starts to list the documents)
You are wrong... I was almost stuck in a hard place because of this. You need proof that you have your spouse live at the same address and depending on the case worker they might look for more than one letters for this. In my case I was asked to provide two letters confirming this.

This can be
Joint bank statements
Electoral Register
Council letter
Utility bills with your spouses name
If your spouse is working, P60s or P45

In my case electoral register card and P60s came handy...

While talking on this, you need more than one letters comfirming you stay at the same address too.