ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalie1
Newly Registered

Advice Needed

Post by kalie1 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:06 am

HI
I hope I could get some advice with a few issues regarding spouse visa
I am the spouse of a jamaican national, we were going to apply next month for the spouse visa, but with all the changes about to take place we have brought things forward.
Please advise if we complete the online application form before the 9th but the appointment to bring the documents in is after this date will we come under the old or the new policy and also how far forward can you book an appointment from when you submit your application form
2. Do i need to have all my documents certified including our marriage cetificate and if so is it ok to use the post office checking service or will i need to go to a solicitor.
Thanks in advance for any advice and please bare with me if I have anymore questions

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 pm

The answer to your first question can be found here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#660820

I am unsure if you can pay the visa fee on-line in Jamica, in some countries the option to pay the fee on-line is not available.
Application submitted: Lhe 19.04.12
Application Forwarded to Isld 19/04/12
Under Process at BHC: 07/05/12

Peace, love and best wishes to all.

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi

I made my application for my husband in Jamaica at the end of June. You can pay online after doing the application

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:30 am

I only certified my passport because I sent both copies and the originals of all other documents. Eg my birth certificate and Marriage certificate

I got my passport certified by a notary public in London. It cost £35