ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company Takeover.

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Biggie

Company Takeover.

Post by Biggie » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:57 pm

Hello,

My husband's company has been taken over (new company name), his job position remains the same as under the work permit applied for by the previous company. Does he need to go through a new work permit application process or does the new company just have to inform the Home Office of what has taken place?

Thanks,

Biggie.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:03 pm

If both the company still exist in he companieshouse list then I dont think he needs to do anything.

Check here is the company continue being reistered or not

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/106a6 ... ompanyInfo
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:43 am

First2last4,

Thanks for the response, I can see from the companies house website the date change of the company names. So in terms of him applying for ILR (when the time comes) does he need to take a letter from the company explaining that change over then or is it not better to inform the Home office now rather than have problems later if they arise in the ILR application?

Thanks,

Biggie.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:08 am

As I remember technically speaking if the company cease to exist due to the takeover, then HO will have to be intimated about it. Probably a new work permit document will be issued by HO for this, which is fairly simple process. And of course it is more safer to do dont be optimistic about HO.

You might want to search more on this site I am sure it has been discussed on more detail.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:08 am

As I remember technically speaking if the company cease to exist due to the takeover, then HO will have to be intimated about it. Probably a new work permit document will be issued by HO for this, which is fairly simple process. And of course it is more safer to do dont be optimistic about HO.

You might want to search more on this site I am sure it has been discussed on more detail.

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:04 pm

First2last4,

Thanks, will probably chase up with the HO.

Biggie.

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:18 am

FYI,

We emailed Work Permits UK and this is the response we got, if anyone gets into the same situation as us look this up.

Dear ******,

Your new employers will need to write to the relevant business team stating a
'technical change of employment'. They need to describe exactly what changes
have occurred to the company and your job description.

Kind regards,

Home Office
Work Permits (UK)