ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - HSMP JR - Confusion re documents!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swaroop11
Newly Registered

ILR - HSMP JR - Confusion re documents!

Post by swaroop11 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:00 am

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 at the moment having been an HSMP (JR) visa holder before. Since I cam to UK in August 2007 (received approval in December 2006), I am due for ILR in August 2012.

I have been working as SELF-EMPLOYED all these years (including as an employee for a few months).

I have the following documents to show my economic activity over the past 5 years:

1. Tax Returns of year ending 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011
2. P60s for 2009 and 2010 (for my employment during few months in these years)
3. Last 12 months payslips and bank statements

My query is:
1) Do I need to provide Tax Returns for 2012 along with the application OR the payslips and bank statements be enough?
2) Or Do I need to get my tax history details if I call up HMRC (I am confused as I suppose this is with regards to employees only but not self employed) ?

Please advise. Also let me know if any other documents are needed.

Many thanks
Swaroop

swaroop
Newly Registered

Post by swaroop » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:07 am

Hi,

Anyone please.....

Smam

Re: ILR - HSMP JR - Confusion re documents!

Post by Smam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14 am

swaroop11 wrote:Hi,

I am on Tier 1 at the moment having been an HSMP (JR) visa holder before. Since I cam to UK in August 2007 (received approval in December 2006), I am due for ILR in August 2012.

I have been working as SELF-EMPLOYED all these years (including as an employee for a few months).

I have the following documents to show my economic activity over the past 5 years:

1. Tax Returns of year ending 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011
2. P60s for 2009 and 2010 (for my employment during few months in these years)
3. Last 12 months payslips and bank statements

My query is:
1) Do I need to provide Tax Returns for 2012 along with the application OR the payslips and bank statements be enough?
2) Or Do I need to get my tax history details if I call up HMRC (I am confused as I suppose this is with regards to employees only but not self employed) ?

Please advise. Also let me know if any other documents are needed.

Many thanks
Swaroop
Hi

1) Payslips and bank statements are enough for the year 2012 for your ILR application.
2) You can surely have a tax paid statement from the HMRC as you're self employed for the last 5 years which will tell you that on an yearly basis what's the exact amount of tax you've paid but mind you that HMRC takes ages to give you that statement to the best of my knowledge. But I think your 4 years tax returns should be suffice that's all I can advice you.

Hope this will answer your question.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.