ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA family member moving to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hernan_arg
Newly Registered

Non EEA family member moving to UK

Post by hernan_arg » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:24 am

Hi to all, I have a question and I can't find an answer on the UK inmigration site.
I'm Argentinian, my wife is Italian and we're actually in Spain as visitors, we would like to go to the UK to live and work, but I don't have an EEA family permit and it takes too long if I apply from here.
Can I enter the UK with my wife showing our marriage certificate? since Argentinians are not visa national.
Once inside the UK can I work before I obtain my residence card? because it can take up to six months and I would like to work before that time.
What should I do to be able to work?

Thank you very much!!!!!

Hernan Assi

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 am

See similar situation - EEA family permit, CoA, EEA2 and work.

hernan_arg
Newly Registered

Post by hernan_arg » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:58 am

Thank you very much, I'm in the same situation as Matias, so all my questions were answered, I really appreciate your help.

Best regards
Hernan