ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going back home near to my visa expiry date

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sasikumar
Newly Registered

Going back home near to my visa expiry date

Post by sasikumar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:09 pm

I am currently a PSW visa holder which expires on the 22nd of Decemeber 2012. I work in a well reputed company who are ever so willing to apply for my Tier 2 visa straight after. My company is in the process of obtaining an allocation of sponsor certificate and they have been told it make take longer than usual due to the back log of files.

I have currently booked my holidays between the 09th of September to the 24th of October to go back home and then return to work. In that time, I ll be having only a mere 2 month's validity on my current visa. Will this create an issue whilst passing immigration checks in the UK upon my return ?

Your sincere guidance is highly appreciated.

derlin

Post by derlin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 am

Sasikumar,

Returning to the UK shouldn't be a problem. However, I have witnessed cases where the border control officers treat returnees whose visas are close to expiration with suspicion—potential overstayers. They are then refused entry to the UK.

My advice is, travel if there is a dire need to. If not don't; if you have plans to stay beyond December 2012 in the UK. Otherwise you risk being denied entry especially as PSW is non-renewable. To beat the system, think like the system.

If you decide to travel, prepare pithy answers and evidence to these questions:
1. What have you been doing ever since you had your PSW?
2. What was the purpose of your travel?
3. Why are you returning to the UK with two months leave remaining in your visa? (Don't say my employer wants to apply for work visa on my behalf. You've just given them a motive why you and your employer should be investigated further. If by then your employer's sponsor certificate hasn't be approved, this complicates your case and makes your argument for returning brittle.)

almo81
Newly Registered

Post by almo81 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:48 am

Interesting : would this be a problem in Tier-one as well?

I travel on business constantly, and, have been having problems obtaining an appointment for SAME-DAY Visa extension.

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: Going back home near to my visa expiry date

Post by madona587 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:17 pm

sasikumar wrote:I am currently a PSW visa holder which expires on the 22nd of Decemeber 2012. I work in a well reputed company who are ever so willing to apply for my Tier 2 visa straight after. My company is in the process of obtaining an allocation of sponsor certificate and they have been told it make take longer than usual due to the back log of files.

I have currently booked my holidays between the 09th of September to the 24th of October to go back home and then return to work. In that time, I ll be having only a mere 2 month's validity on my current visa. Will this create an issue whilst passing immigration checks in the UK upon my return ?

Your sincere guidance is highly appreciated.
There is no guarantee you will get Tier2 approved. So I wouldn't gamble it on a holiday. You should be able to get in with 2 months visa left but you may have to convince them why you are coming back just 2 months since PSW is not renewable. Best you save your holiday and after you get your Tier2 you can use it. Trust me with Tier2 they will only ask 1 or 2 questions and let you walk away.. (Which company you work for? What port you are coming from? Have you had any changes to the employment?)
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

sasikumar
Newly Registered

Post by sasikumar » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:22 am

well the job that i do is in the railway.. its a permanent role as not contractual limitations apply... It will be London Heathrow - colombo...i have been employed in company from the start of my PSW visa... well i will have to be patient then... thanks ever so much madona587