ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is UKBA Durham Office opens on Saturday to receive posts?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zagoo2000

Is UKBA Durham Office opens on Saturday to receive posts?

Post by zagoo2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:45 am

Dear all, it may not be the intelligent question to ask but does the

UK Border Agency
SET(O)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

office runs on Saturday to receive Special Delivery/Signed-for posts?

Finally, my ILR application is being prepared by my lawyer and hopefully be ready by tomorrow. It will only be then waiting for KOL which i will have it by Friday 1.30. I'm thinking should i send my SET (O) by tomorrow special delivery and KOL on Friday with special delivery or if the office runs on Saturday i should send all together on Friday with SD.

Please advise.
Many thanks

layman

Post by layman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:22 pm

I had sent postal application on a friday for saturday delivery(with surcharge) for Durham but the receipt notice was for Monday 8 AM. So, dont think there is anyone to receive on saturday And anyway it is the post submission date that matters(unless you are sending by courier)

The lady at the post office had kindly suggested that since it is a govt office, it would be closed on a saturday so why pay the saturday delivery surcharge.

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:00 pm

layman wrote:I had sent postal application on a friday for saturday delivery(with surcharge) for Durham but the receipt notice was for Monday 8 AM. So, dont think there is anyone to receive on saturday And anyway it is the post submission date that matters(unless you are sending by courier)

The lady at the post office had kindly suggested that since it is a govt office, it would be closed on a saturday so why pay the saturday delivery surcharge.
Thanks man. My lawyer will be sending it off tomorrow along with my KOL with special/recorded delivery. Just need a bit of lady luck now :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:10 pm

When a application (sent by post) is received is irrelevant, what is relevant is the "date of application (34G) - so it doesn't make a difference if someone will receive the letter on "this Saturday" or not.

Also note that the address given is for a "PO box", which could possibly be somewhere other than a UKBA office (e.g. - payment processing centre run by a third party from their own premises).

Keep proof of posting in safe custody.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!