ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with Approved citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

starbuck

Travel with Approved citizenship

Post by starbuck » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

All,

I am a aug-2011 applicant and i have just got my approval for the citizenship. For this i have to surrender my garda card before july-23, 2012. However, i have to attend a very important office meeting in august for 3 weeks in the US.

They have mentioned clearly not to undertake any travel in the mean time as the garda card has to be surrendered. Would this be a problem if i go an come back ?

I have a LTR and a re-entry visa stamped till 2017. Any one who had to go in these circumstances please share your experiences.

PS : I have posted this question in the citizenship time line thread but i am re posting here for better visibility.

thanks
*$

nathano
Newly Registered

Post by nathano » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:23 pm

I would go see your local immigration officer. I founds the Guarda were always very accommodating. They have even arranged temporary cards for me when I still lived in Ireland.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:33 pm

aug -11...wowww
how about june-11??????

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:26 am

there is no problem to travel.i know you should have GNIB card.i think you should make colour photocopy. carry your approval letter with you.there is no problem to travel and back to ireland.you can also ring the airport immigration before you are travelling so they can put the note into system.they will ask you when are you flying and when are you coming back.flight number arrival and deprature time............ good luck enjoy your trip and congrats for your citizenship approval

SSsd
Newly Registered

Post by SSsd » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Starbuck,

I was wondering did you travel after your approval for the citizenship.
Can you please explain what happened at the port of entry in Dublin via passing through immigration, did you bring any documents.

Any feedback/suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks