ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my child irish citizen??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stmani

Is my child irish citizen??

Post by stmani » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:23 am

I lived in Ireland 6 1/2 years on study visa and then 3 1/2 years on work permit however some of the months on work permit I did not work with employer and had to leave the job eventually. My employer has informed the immigration that I left the company before few months of my visa expiry. Just before few days of my visa expiry my son was born. Now according to the law as I had lived in Ireland over 3 years at the time of his birth, should my son get Irish passport? gnib says because I did not work few months for employer so the stamp on my passport is invalid.....plz advise!

Just to let u know due to unavailablity of jobs in Ireland immigration asked me to leave the country and so I did within time given.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 pm

You should count the reckonable periods from your passport, ie the time you were on work permit conditions. Do not count the gaps or the periods when you were not in permission. also, could you find out whether your permission was revoked when you left your employer?
In anyway, if you think you qualify, you can submit an applicaation to the passport office and they will let you know for sure, whether you have full 3 years or not prior to the birth of your child.

stmani

Post by stmani » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:53 am

agniukas wrote:You should count the reckonable periods from your passport, ie the time you were on work permit conditions. Do not count the gaps or the periods when you were not in permission. also, could you find out whether your permission was revoked when you left your employer?
In anyway, if you think you qualify, you can submit an applicaation to the passport office and they will let you know for sure, whether you have full 3 years or not prior to the birth of your child.
I counted already and its more than three years. I also have a letter from the office of Minister Alan Shatter clarifying my residency. But if I contact the passport office they ask me to contact GNIB and get my residency cleared from them. And I tried contacting GNIB number of times with no response.....Please advise what should I do now??

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:03 am

stmani wrote:
agniukas wrote:You should count the reckonable periods from your passport, ie the time you were on work permit conditions. Do not count the gaps or the periods when you were not in permission. also, could you find out whether your permission was revoked when you left your employer?
I counted already and its more than three years. I also have a letter from the office of Minister Alan Shatter clarifying my residency. But if I contact the passport office they ask me to contact GNIB and get my residency cleared from them. And I tried contacting GNIB number of times with no response.....Please advise what should I do now??
stmani,

What you need to do is write a letter to the GNIB (I did before) requesting detailed listing of your reconable residency. I am not sure if they will send such letters to you overseas. They should reply back to you with the details from your first arrival till date showing your reconable residency.

The format of the letter to them is:

Detective Superintendent
Garda National Immigration Bureau
13 – 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2.

Dear Sir,

Reckonable Residency – GNIB: xxxxxx

The above refers.

I will appreciate it if a letter confirming my residency history and also showing my reckonable residency in the state since 20xx to date is sent to me.

Thank you and best regards

All the best :)

stmani

Post by stmani » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 am

adlexy wrote:
stmani wrote:
stmani,

What you need to do is write a letter to the GNIB (I did before) requesting detailed listing of your reconable residency. I am not sure if they will send such letters to you overseas. They should reply back to you with the details from your first arrival till date showing your reconable residency.

The format of the letter to them is:

Detective Superintendent
Garda National Immigration Bureau
13 – 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2.

Dear Sir,

Reckonable Residency – GNIB: xxxxxx

The above refers.

I will appreciate it if a letter confirming my residency history and also showing my reckonable residency in the state since 20xx to date is sent to me.

Thank you and best regards

All the best :)
As I said they dont respond to my emails, letters and even phone calls.....I tried contacting department of justice and they have sent me an email confirming my residency period but the passport office needs the same from GNIB.....what should I do??

pichechunc
Newly Registered

Post by pichechunc » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:31 pm

I've only just woke up and I come down to this

stmani

Post by stmani » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:55 am

what is it?????