ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

merlin7765
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa

Post by merlin7765 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi

Could you please help. Need some advice about a fiance visa. I met my fiance on the internet Sept 2010. She lives in the Philippines . She is 31 and is a school teacher. Currently working teaching 7-8 year olds , She as degree in elementary school teaching . The degree is taught in english and as part of her job she teaches english,
I myself work as a team manager and earn a basic wage of £23,000 with a bonus structure which can take me to above £28000,.In fact my last p60 showed me earning just over £28000.I have no savings and neither does my fiance . Im just recently divorced and i pay mortgage i my property of about £575 a month My fiance and i keep in regular contact via skype and ym and we can print copies of the coversatios going basck to when we first met . Also we have sent birthday , christmas and valentines cards to each other and also exchanged gifts . have telephone records of when i have contacted her too. Also occassionally i have sent small amounts of money to her via wetern union and she as receipts for this.. We applied for a travel visa sho she could visit here in december last year but was denied on the grounds that i had not been there and met her. Reason behind me not going was that i have a elderely dad who lives with me . His income with pensions an such like is £1000 a month. This year in May i finally went there and stayed for 3 weeks with her and a week with all the family . We ahve photographic evidence and a letter of approval from family. My fiancila standing is not to good but would be able to support her until we are married and she can work.
My questions are do you consider our application strong enough for a fiance visa , also due to her qualification as a teacher will she need to do the english test . And finally how do we show intent to marry. Please can you help because we both are desperate to be together as soon as possible

thanks in advance

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Have you now met her in person? If not the application will fail you must have met - sorry just saw that in the middle of your post!
Last edited by pennylessinindia on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
pennyless

merlin7765
Newly Registered

Post by merlin7765 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:59 am

yes i went there in may for 3 weeks , we stayed together and with her family

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:54 am

You meet the requirement of £18,600 minimum annual earnings which will be implemented in the new rules on Monday (9th July).
Your fiancee will need to pass the A1 English test before submitting her application. Provide evidence of wedding planning...inquiries mad into venue availability, registry office or church etc. You won't be able to book a registry office until your fiancee arrives in the UK, but you should be able to show that you've made initial contact with authorities. Receipt for an engagement ring?
Quotes from caterers?

merlin7765
Newly Registered

Post by merlin7765 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Will my fiance really need to sit the A1 test . She as a degree in teaching . The actual degree was taught in english. She is a school teacher and teaches children to read and write in english
i would have thought she would be exempt from this

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:26 pm

Does she hold either a Batchelors or Masters Degree which has been taught in English? If not, she'll have to take the test.

merlin7765
Newly Registered

Post by merlin7765 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:59 pm

she has a Bachelor of Elementary Education and it was taught in englsh

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:14 pm

She should use the points calculator to check if it qualifies:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Just work through it until you get to the english requirement - then it'll allow you to select the country/institute/subject/graduation year and then tell you if it gives you points.

M