ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

umeruzair

MN1 application

Post by umeruzair » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi,

Just wondering I have applied for my daughter's MN 1 application on 28th April 2012 and since then I have only received an acknowledgement and nothing more. I have recently moved home and sent HO a letter stating the new address and the reference number but I still have not received any confirmation in writting for change of address or for the application status and also when I rang the Citizenship line I have been told that becuase your application is less than 6 months old therefore we cannot give you the status update hence I am really stressed as I have a urgent travel needs therefore I am just wondering what to do where to go.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Call them again. Tell them you dont want a status update, just to inform them of a change of address.
Also have Royal mail redirection service to the new address. The certificate is sent in normal post so will get redirected.

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Guru,

I did phone them today but again the same answer they said they can't find anything less than 6 months as they don't have any records of it unfortunately. It is rellay depressing it's about 3 months since I applied but did not get any response yet apart of just the acknowledgement. Also when I asked them about the change of address they said you should sent a letter as a recorded delivery to make sure it has been delivered to us if you have not done so then please re sent the letter by the recorded delivery and check it though royal mail.

I have seen in this group that people have received their answers within 2 month or just after 2 months but mine is over 3 months now and I am stressed now with the status of it.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Was the application made under section 1(3) (child born in the UK)? Then I would not worry too much as the child has entitlement to register as BC. The HO has no discretion here and the application should succeed.

If you applied end of April, then it is just over two months, not three which isn't so unusual.

jl70
Newly Registered

Post by jl70 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Mine situation is different as i want to know the form to use in Ghana for my daughter who was born in the aUK but presently in Ghana what form do i use she is 6yrs old.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:05 pm

jl70 wrote:Mine situation is different as i want to know the form to use in Ghana for my daughter who was born in the aUK but presently in Ghana what form do i use she is 6yrs old.
Situation might be different but application form is the same - form MN1.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:32 am

See 'Receiving authority' changes for applications made abroad.

The rules has changed. You should make the application to the UKBA in the UK and not in Ghana.