ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea reisidence card coa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamoman

eea reisidence card coa

Post by jamoman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:44 am

we applied for a eea residence card through a local solicitor
our status is we have been living together for 8 months and got married in may her student visa will expire on 31 july 2012 we apllied on 8 june 2012 but we have not received a coa i am a bit confused after the 31 july is my wife a overstayer if she hasnt received a coa by 31th july 2012......hope u can help ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:58 am

Under EEA regulations, rights are derived by the activities of the EEA national and not by documentation from the HO. The HO just confirms those rights. They don't confer those rights. Applying for RC is optional.

If you exercise treaty rights (employment/student/self-sufficient) and you are married, she can't be an overstayer.

eea2june2012
Newly Registered

Re: eea reisidence card coa

Post by eea2june2012 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:21 pm

jamoman wrote:we apllied on 8 june 2012 but we have not received a coa
I applied about the same time as you and I have still not received the COA too? This is ridiculous to say the least.