ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds to be considered from my wife's account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aj_made4u
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds to be considered from my wife's account

Post by aj_made4u » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi All

I am in the process of extending my Tier1 for me and my wife. We have been living in the UK for more than 1.5 years now (i am here for 3.5 years, my wife is here for 1.5 years).

However, there is a small concern here.

Currently, we have 2 accounts, one in my name (where my salary gets credited) and one in my wife's (it is not a joint account, it is in her name only) which is primarily a savings account (flexisaver) where we deposit a fixed amount every month.

Now, my account does not hold the necessary funds [£1500 (900 for myself, main applicant and 600 for my wife, dependent)] that is required to be shown, but my wife's account does, as all our savings are deposited into her account.

Question is can I show my wife's account balance for the last 90 days as proof of maintenance or both our accounts statements together? Or does the balance necessarily need to be maintained in my account only i.e. the primary applicant.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks
AJ

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:20 pm

For a dependant spouse, the maintenance fund requirement for the spouse can be maintained in the dependants account ie the funds need not be in your account only.

But I believe you would need atleast £900 in your account to satisfy the main applicant's maintenance fund requirements