ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nervous about B-2 Tourist Visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

njsaunders
Newly Registered

Nervous about B-2 Tourist Visa

Post by njsaunders » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:14 pm

I've read the forums here extensively while I was recently applying for my UK PSW Visa so I thought I would seek some advice regarding a US Visa question.

I'm a US Citizen, been living in the UK for 2 years now doing an MS.c for the first 10 months and working full time now. My girlfriend and I met during graduate school and we're both beginning to set down roots here even though it's neither of our home country (she's an Indian national though she had been living in Singapore a few years before coming to London).

Anyway, we're planning a visit to the US to see my family and friends over Christmas this year. It will be her first visit and first visa application.

I was just doing some research in preparation and didn't expect to see so many potential issues for a 10 day visit - especially as she will be applying on an Indian passport at the London embassy. I believe the primary concern is proving to the US Embassy that she maintains sufficient ties to the UK in order to ensure she won't overstay.

We both work full time (she's a consultant with one of the Big 4) and are both on Tier 1 PSW visas. We rent a flat on 12-month lease that is in both of our names. Neither of us have any family in the UK, but she also doesn't have any close family in the US.

I'm hoping that the job and flat are sufficient evidence, but I worry if whether the association with me might hurt her in the interview.

Can any one advise? Much appreciated.

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm

I'm not expert in the US Visa process, but I've been through the process three times already.
I believe she will have no issues, she should show her passport with a valid UK visa in it, the tenancy agreement, P60's-payslips, and bank and credit card statements.
Since she'll be travelling with you, it might be a good idea to show them the same papers from you.
-----
Alex