ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing P60 - HMRC referred me back to employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Missing P60 - HMRC referred me back to employer

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 am

I followed info at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=58599.

The last entry has numbers to call. HMRC redirected me to employer to get P60 copies. Have the procedures changed recently?

Also, if employer issues P60 copies, I am assuming they would be A4 printouts, with all pertinent info included. And this needs to be stamped/signed, right?

Thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 am

Hi

All the P60's is being issued by employers HMRC has got nothing to do with your P60's in simple words a P60 is just the proof from your employer for the actual amount of tax you've paid or the employer has dedcuted from your salary at source for that tax year. P60's are definitely on A4 paper doesn't needs to be signed or stamped if you got a printed version from your employer, but on the other hand if you're getting online or e-P60's and if you take the printouts of them then they must have to be signed and stamped by your employer.

How ever on the other hand HMRC do have the records of the amount of your tax paid or your employment history.

Hope this will answer your question.

Good luck for your ILR.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks Smam for your insightful reply.

Should I instead ask HMRC for my 'employment history', or, what document should I ask from HMRC?

Basically I need to replace missing P60s. And i need to show UKBA that I have been with the 'same' employer as on my WP during the past 5 years.

Thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:12 am

Hi

You should ask for employment history from HMRC mind you that HMRC takes nearly 3 weeks or more to issue your employment history so if you're not in a rush then I would advice you that just go for applying for your employment history from HMRC.

Hope this will answer your question.

Good luck for your ILR.

ajantalove
Newly Registered

Post by ajantalove » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:01 pm

I had same problem. I asked HMRC for P60, they asked me what for I need it being honest i told them I need it for my visa. They referred me to go back and contact my ex-employer which I already tried.
Few a after, I called them back and said I wanna check my tax and they issue me an statement. Which took 2-3 weeks to arrive.
Hope this will help and avoid calling in peak hrs (lunch Hrs 1200-1500) they are very busy with wait upto 30 mins :(

shawinam

Post by shawinam » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Call this number 01619319070 and ask for your employment history.they will ask you about your employer name address and the tax years.pls confirm your current address as well bcos hmrc had my previous address on their system.I recived mine with in 5 working days.
Thanks.