ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary Leave To Remain

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

philwafc

Discretionary Leave To Remain

Post by philwafc » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi

My wife applied for DLR using form FLR(O), at the end of December 2011 and got her acknowledgement letter 3 Jan 2012. We still havn't heard anything yet so I was wondering if anyone knew the timeline for DLR applications? And is it worth contacting my local MP regarding this yet. Also she never received a letter regarding her biometrics, am I correct that that this rule only came in Feb 2012 so as she applied before then it is not relevant to her?

Thanks

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:14 pm

DLR applications can take ages.
I would say its not been that long, in the context of DLR applications.

Elisha47

Re: Discretionary Leave To Remain

Post by Elisha47 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:10 am

philwafc wrote:Hi

My wife applied for DLR using form FLR(O), at the end of December 2011 and got her acknowledgement letter 3 Jan 2012. We still havn't heard anything yet so I was wondering if anyone knew the timeline for DLR applications? And is it worth contacting my local MP regarding this yet. Also she never received a letter regarding her biometrics, am I correct that that this rule only came in Feb 2012 so as she applied before then it is not relevant to her?

Thanks
Hi I have the same situation, applied for DLR in January 2012, got acknowledge letter at the end of JAnuary and haven't heard nothing ever since, can you tell me under what grounds you apply for this DLR?

philwafc

Post by philwafc » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:32 am

@Elisha47

The grounds were. My wife didn't pass her KOL so she couldn't apply for ILR and we left it too late for her to take the English test she required to apply for FLR. She had been on a normal spouse visa before and with us having a British born child we applied for DLR. What were your grounds? And did you get a letter asking you to go for your biometrics?

I'm wondering whats the best way to chase this up with the UKBA?
Although I won't hold much hope of getting any real answers.

Elisha47

Post by Elisha47 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:48 pm

No they didnt ask me for biometrics, and my grounds were husband and baby are British I'm a overstayer on a tourist visa, but I'm a bit worry with this new rules, cause is no DLR anymore so I don't know what will happen...
Good luck and just wait I think...

nassarmk

dlr

Post by nassarmk » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:42 am

Hi: yes you have to call your MP This is the best way.I applid for FLR O 2009 & ILR 2012 BY Calling my MP I Recieved both approving after 10 day from the day my MP contact HO..good luck