ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse refused question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

labster
Newly Registered

Spouse refused question

Post by labster » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help us?
My spouse has been refused entry to the UK by the entry officer in Rio. I have lodged an appeal with the 1st tier here in the UK.
We are wondering if my wife was to fly to the UK and I meet here at Heathrow what are the chances of her being let in until the appeal is sorted?

The reasons the ECO in Rio gave didn't seem fair to refuse her.
My house was not big enough for us to live in - It's a 2 bedroom House how is that not big enough for 2 people?
She did not provide details of the property she owns and rents out in Brazil.
I did not send prove that i support her in Brazil
We have included documents in the appeal to prove the above so hopefully the appeal will go well.

Impatient

Post by Impatient » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi,

What details did you provide for your house? Did you include property inspection report?
Fiancé Visa - Applied in Cairo - 14th June
Visa Approved - 28th Aug 2012

FLR as spouse (PEO) - Same day Service - Cardiff
Applied - 16th Nov 2012
Approved - 19th Nov 2012

labster
Newly Registered

Post by labster » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Impatient wrote:Hi,

What details did you provide for your house? Did you include property inspection report?
Hi

Yes I sent my last mortgage valuation report that states the type and number of rooms and the size in metres.

Impatient

Post by Impatient » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:20 pm

That seems strange definatly grounds for appeal. The rooms for over crowding are on ukba website although 2 rooms is definatly big enough for you both.

I have included a property inspection report from the council which states house is safe and not overcrowded. Might be worth you looking into just tO be sure?
Fiancé Visa - Applied in Cairo - 14th June
Visa Approved - 28th Aug 2012

FLR as spouse (PEO) - Same day Service - Cardiff
Applied - 16th Nov 2012
Approved - 19th Nov 2012

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi - it will be very beneficial for you and everyone else if you can post the exact wording of the refusal letter.

The experienced members here can maybe then read inbetween the lines and advise accordingly.

I'm not sure why they would want evidence of her current accomadation in Brazil? that seems strange.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:23 pm

AcrossBorders wrote:Hi - it will be very beneficial for you and everyone else if you can post the exact wording of the refusal letter.

The experienced members here can maybe then read inbetween the lines and advise accordingly.

I'm not sure why they would want evidence of her current accomadation in Brazil? that seems strange.
This would help, as refusal for such reasons are quite uncommon