ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 days to prove finances

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lhoule
Newly Registered

7 days to prove finances

Post by Lhoule » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi,
My Husband submitted his spouse settlement visa last week. Today we got an email saying we need to prove that we have access to more funding as they do not feel we currently have enough (we dont have any savings). Now i have a very close friend who is willing to give me £2500 to put into my savings account. She is also very good friends with my husband and wants to do what ever she can to get him over here to be reunited with me and our son. Now my question is what would be the best way to explain the money to the UKBA will they be ok with the fact that someone would give me this money. Obviously i dont want to lie but i was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to word a letter explaining the additional funds.
Thank you.

booboochoupi
Newly Registered

Post by booboochoupi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:33 pm

1- The lady should write a letter (or you write it and make her sign) to explain that she is your friend and will always be there for you etc, that's why she is committed to help you so you will never be in trouble financially. UKBA usually require proofs like pay slips or bank statements of the person, to make sure they can live decently and have some extra to help the couple.

2- If you can also find other people who have big payslips or money in their account, they could write such letter of support for you and provide their payslips and bank statements as well.

3- If you can find someone who owns a house, and have sufficent rooms to welcome you, they should provide a letter saying you can live with them, and proofs that the house is theirs.

Hope you can provide any of these. Good luck

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Personally speaking I dont think they will accept if from friends. Parents maybe, but friends no.

Lhoule
Newly Registered

Post by Lhoule » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:51 pm

batleykhan wrote:Personally speaking I dont think they will accept if from friends. Parents maybe, but friends no.
i appreciate that they may prefer it from parents, but in a case such as mine, where both my parents are deceased and his parents have decided to cut him out off, they must have some kind of allowence. After all not every family fits the typical description.

booboochoupi
Newly Registered

Post by booboochoupi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:22 am

We have submited my application with a letter of support from a friend.arguing he is close friend of the family and is ready to help us etc.he earns 3800 pm and rents a flat but i think his payslips and statements helped. beside,if you dont have family members who can help,within 7days,you will have to do with friends. but well,it's your decision.

kumar17

Post by kumar17 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Agreed with Booboochoupi - a letter from a friend should do. All the need is evidence that there is sufficient funds and that you will not depend on public funds. Now this proof could be from anybody as long as they have the documentation to show that.

So a good letter, bankstatements and payslips from your friend will surely be sufficient and would help.

Good luck.