ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

where'd all the posts go?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pixi

where'd all the posts go?

Post by pixi » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:31 pm

hi everyone. i've been away for a while and now i can't find any of the old posts. i'm only getting one page for the forum. are they archived somewhere?

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:55 pm

Pixi

They can be found under:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/old/

It's not as easy to find the specific post you are looking for because the index is abbreviated. But they are still there!

Joseph

bella_uk
Newly Registered

Post by bella_uk » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:00 am

As far as I remember, old discussion board contained about 800+ threads, but only 481 threads are kept with current archive. Where is the rest?

pixi

Extension applications

Post by pixi » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:07 pm

Thanks for that link. It is tough for me to find what I'm looking for, so hope it's okay to ask again...

My initial visa is up at the end of June. Based on the latest processing times, when should I be sending in my extension application? (I realize I can't travel while my application is being processed).

Thanks!

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:18 am

You can file your application up to a month before your current visa runs out. The procedures changed slightly after April 1st, requiring a different Form FLR(IED), mailing address, and the payment of a £121 fee:
EXTENSION OF STAY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
18.1 If your application is successful you will be given permission to enter the United Kingdom for
a period of 12 months. In the last month before the end of that period you will be able to apply for
further permission to stay as a Highly Skilled Migrant. You should apply directly to Work Permits
(UK) in Cannock, using the form FLR (IED) available from the IND website. You will be asked to
provide evidence of your economic activity during your period of stay in the UK and evidence of
your personal earnings during the period, if you are employed. If you are self-employed a
business plan and evidence that you have established a business bank account, which has been
active, will suffice. If you have been active in employment and self-employment then you should
submit evidence of both. You will also need to declare that you and your family have not had
access to public funds and have not received a criminal conviction. If your application is approved
you will normally be given permission to remain for a further three year period. Further details on
the application process for an extension of stay after one year will be provided to successful
applicants.

You will be expected to have been economically active in the
UK in employment, self-employment or a combination of the two for at least some of the time
within the twelve-month period before you apply for further leave to remain. If you have been
unable to put your business or employment plans into operation we will expect you to provide
evidence (e.g. several job application forms or a business plan) that you have taken all
reasonable steps to become economically active in the UK and what steps you are currently
taking.
Regards

Joseph